Honored Contributor

Has Anyone Tried "Lip Oil"?

[ Edited ]

Why am I just now finding this?  I've never felt anything so slippery and smooth,  NO tackiness whatsoever.  I love lip products (not lipsticks) and have more of those than anything else beauty related.  Only downside to the LUX Lip Oils is no fragrance/taste.  New fav!  Bought these during their BOGO during Lipstick Day/Week. Did anyone else pick up anything during the BOGO sale?

ColourPop Pink Circuit Lip Oil

ColourPop Heyyy berry mauve Lux Lip Oil

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Tried "Lip Oil"?

Korres has some on HSN. 

Trusted Contributor

I haven't tried any lip oils, I know they're popular. My hesitation is maybe they're not long lasting,will absorb or slide right off.  I suppose I should try one and find out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received a KAB Lip Oil in a Boxy Charm a few months ago and I really like it.  It has a slight blue tint to it (probably to make teeth look whiter) but on the lips it is clear.  I generally put it on before bed or I will put it over the top of a too matte lipstick.

I have a pink one that looks pretty bright in the tube but again on the lips, it's very sheer.  Almost barely there.  No they don't last long but they feel good on the lips. 

I'll use the ones I have but not sure I'd buy more, certainly not any high dollar ones.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm    How long does the oil color stay on the lips?  Is it a sheer color?  Curious.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

Why am I just now finding this?  I've never felt anything so slippery and smooth,  NO tackiness whatsoever.  I love lip products (not lipsticks) and have more of those than anything else beauty related.  Only downside to the LUX Lip Oils is no fragrance/taste.  New fav!  Bought these during their BOGO during Lipstick Day/Week. Did anyone else pick up anything during the BOGO sale?

ColourPop Pink Circuit Lip Oil

ColourPop Heyyy berry mauve Lux Lip Oil

I've tried Julep's lip oils years ago when lip oils were all the rage. They are nice and moisturizing, but evaporated very quickly and left no color whatsoever.  Skinn Cosmetics came out with their version a couple of years ago. Now every brand had one. Skinn's lip oils were hydrating, but absorbed quickly and left no color at all. Not what I need, because I already have plenty of facial oils which I can just put on my lips. The lip oils did nothing more than provide temporary hydration.  I'm not sure about ColourPop's version. Perhaps they are very different than the Julep and Skinn Cosmetics oils which were treatment-based. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Well hello everyone!  Hope all is good with you.  I got in trouble for using the link icon to include a link.  Was put in time out for 3 days Smiley Sad  Think I'll just cease including any links to anything to play it safe.  Had company a good part of today and a painter here painting an accent wall in my bathroom.

@decaf 

This is my first experience with lip oils of any kind.  They are not long lasting.  I put a tint underneath so I'd have some color on my lips when the lip oil wore off.  I love how silky smooth they are tho.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Same here.  The fuchsia isn't at all fuchsia on the lips.  It's takes a bit more to get any color payoff.  Feels great.  Lasts no time.  Probably won't repurchase.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Color is sheer but buildable with two applications.  Doesn't last long at all.  I got these for, I think, 50% off so it was worth it.  I love the way they feel but I doubt I'll repurchase.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I''m glad you're back @monicakm, I'm sorry you were given a time out.  Just this morning I was wondering, where is she?  Then I thought, don't be silly, she's probably just busy or away on a trip.  Like you're not allowed to take a few days away from us, right?  Lol. 

I'm trying not to post any links either, even to sites that aren't on line stores.  I'm technically challenged, I don't know how to remove those pop up ads down the side.  All of a sudden, TPTB seem to be super strict about all this. 

I never tried any lip oil because it would last all of 30 seconds on me.  I can't keep real lipstick on.  Whenever I need it to last, I cover my entire mouth with lip liner first or it's gone in 15 minutes.  Every brand and type I've ever tried, even matte.  I've seen some women eat a seven course meal and their lipstick is still perfect.  I could never figure that out.