Trusted Contributor

We may celebrate one, many or no holidays this month, but we can all revel in the return of the sun and the lengthening of the days. Cheers to one and all!

Will you do anything special for the solstice? Since the actual time was very early morning, I made breakfast into a very small feast for just my household, and threw open all the doors and windows. Brr. It was raining!

Trusted Contributor

I can't wait till summer and warm weather is here again! Its my favorite time of year.  Your breakfast feast sounds really delicious!  

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy winter solstice images

Contributor

I love winter!  Not really so much for the ice, but love the cozy times snuggled with a balanket in fromt of the fireplace.  Summer heat gets me - don't like to sweat. Favorite season though is fall - nothing beats the beauty of that time of year!!

Frequent Contributor

@Ginidoll wrote:

I love winter!  Not really so much for the ice, but love the cozy times snuggled with a balanket in fromt of the fireplace.  Summer heat gets me - don't like to sweat. Favorite season though is fall - nothing beats the beauty of that time of year!!

Could not agree more!!!!  And love cold, sunny, wind free winter days.  Cold, crisp air, winter walking, other activities. Life is  is good!!

Respected Contributor

It's 68 here in Phoenix.  We have a great winter but pay for it in the summers.  Still, I'd rather be here than back in Chicago where I lived for 31 years.   

Super Contributor

@PrettyGerl wrote:

@Ginidoll wrote:

Could not agree more!!!!  And love cold, sunny, wind free winter days.  Cold, crisp air, winter walking, other activities. Life is  is good!

Here's to winter.  It's snowing as I write. We will have a white Christmas this year. 

Fall is my favorite season, winter second. My morning walk was in the snow. 

Happy Winter Solstice to all the winter lovers on this board.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to everyone who will celebrate this season.

Happy New Year to all.

Trusted Contributor

As much as I love snow, it's so cozy being inside watching it fall.

Maybe b/c I was nearly born in a car on the way to the hospital during the big snow storm storm of 57' here in Southeastern PA [near Phila.] and was breech my poor momma!.

But now I have thinner skin and wish to HIBERNATE until it gets better as it really hath just begun they say :/

I can't take temp extremes never could and as I get older I see why people are snowbirds...I'm working on it!

But do love the beautiful snowfall as long as we don't lose electric...which is often here.

Happy winter solstice I guess? lol [ getting lighter outside which will come later is the best partMan Very Happy!!!!

Spoiler

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky