Contributor

Re: Halo Perfecting Powder.............

I have used, and really like, Halo. I am fair with pink undertones and used the Fair. The only thing I didn't like was that it would get patchy around my nose towards the end of the day. I have been using Mally's poreless perfection and really like it. I find the finish stays better than any other foundation/powder.

Esteemed Contributor

I started using Halo a few months ago. I got in in a Smashbox Try Me kit at Ulta. Love it! I will definitely repurchase.

Trusted Contributor

A question, I have an old Halo powder barely touched in light..it's 4 years old. I was not a powder foundation gal ( only sometimes do I wear powder fdn) so put it in my box of my "tried and never used again" box. I am wondering if the Halo powder formula has changed since I bought it back then.

I never think of this as a foundation when bought, as it kind of left an odd sheen (not shimmer) on my face when used that way as I recall which I didn't like, but I see it seems it can be used a nice finishing powder..is it used for that as well?

If so I may try it as that since I wear heavy sunblock and it's very oily, it may set it well...even though I have a slew of setting powders I love digging in my old box of tried one time items in that box and find I like something I hadn't!!

This powder looks like new and since you 'shave' off the powder, it should still be good.

I have many SOOO many products years old in powder form that are like new and I still enjoy them Smiley Happy.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Regular Contributor

Love it.....have had it a longtime I bought 2 different tones really can't see much difference but its so nice on my skin. Tarte felt like war paint. I've always had compliments on my ""skin"" since using Halo one by my dentist under those lights and I will be 70 this year... my dr says I look 50 I'll take it~!! lol

Mar I think mine has to be that old and I'm still using mine I don't think powders go bad just use a clean brush.

Frequent Contributor

I also LOVE Halo. Have tried other items -including pore less from Mally and Skinn (which I like - but not the same product and finish as Halo). I use the Light color (I'm a light to light medium color). My daily go-to is Dr. Denese Daily Defense (a nice primer/base with spf - color matches well), - and Halo over that. I have not-so-good skin - large pores - and this is by far the best combination for me. Blurs pores and lasts... (Halo seems to finish well - not just powder, perhaps there is something to the "hydration" they advertise!)

I've been buying on ebay for about half the price... so far - great!

Trusted Contributor

On 6/3/2014 TRUE said:

Love it.....have had it a longtime I bought 2 different tones really can't see much difference but its so nice on my skin. Tarte felt like war paint. I've always had compliments on my ""skin"" since using Halo one by my dentist under those lights and I will be 70 this year... my dr says I look 50 I'll take it~!! lol

Mar I think mine has to be that old and I'm still using mine I don't think powders go bad just use a clean brush.

you go TRUE! wow...that's a great compliment Smiley Wink and under those lights you know everything is seen so clear.

I always use a product over and over when someone says something nice about my skin! I'll be digging into the box tonight (I'm a nite owl)

@ hello! I will now try as a light finishing powder Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I have used it on and off since they first came out with it and I love the subtle glow that develops the longer you have it on. I originally used the light then picked up the light/medium when they came out with that shade. this will always be my top powder type product.

It is honestly one of the only powder type products that my dry, dry skin can handle without looking chalky, powdery or flat. It definitely has some hydrating ingredients that few other powders seem to be able to replicate.

I would hate to see SB ever discontinue this. I have also picked up some on ebay as they seem to have the best selection in foundations as well as the bronzers and other versions. Also excellent pricing and they have been as authentic as anything I've bought here or from SB~

Trusted Contributor

On 6/3/2014 wackers said:

I have used it on and off since they first came out with it and I love the subtle glow that develops the longer you have it on. I originally used the light then picked up the light/medium when they came out with that shade. this will always be my top powder type product.

It is honestly one of the only powder type products that my dry, dry skin can handle without looking chalky, powdery or flat. It definitely has some hydrating ingredients that few other powders seem to be able to replicate.

I would hate to see SB ever discontinue this. I have also picked up some on ebay as they seem to have the best selection in foundations as well as the bronzers and other versions. Also excellent pricing and they have been as authentic as anything I've bought here or from SB~

Wackers, I know what ya mean about something that you apply and it just looks better as the day/night goes on. My skin is like yours thanks to the "paws" :/

I have the light will use to tomorrow to test drive after so long lol. I will use it like you, on top of my CC or BB or light foundation. I truly did not give it a chance as my skin was different then as well so it may work. I really do not think this product will be going away - it came out with newer shades over the years and seems to be a hit in Ulta and it's at Nords. It's always running out of colors when I see the display Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE Halo! I have been using it for 2 or 3 years now. I just ordered my 4th one. I have tried a few other things here and there, but I keep going back to Halo.

During the fall/winter months, I use it over foundation as my setting powder.

During weekends, or summer months, I use it over my Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Foundation. It's just lovely!

I buy mine from Beauty.com or Sephora. It used to be $59, but now it is $49. Totally worth it!

Contributor

I LOVE Halo, too! I miss the deals that Smashbox used to have on the Q but I did get an e-mail from Smashbox that they will have their F&F sale starting 6/9 - 25% off when you spend $50 or more. $37 FF price is still a bit steep but I love it enough that i'll probably stock up for a bit Smiley Happy SB online will also sometimes do that spend more, save more to get closer to 30% off but I don't know when those come around.