Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21   That is one thing all stylists should know and that is how to cut different types, textures of hair.  They go to school for it and should be taught.  It's good you can cut your hair.  Give yourself a Big Tip!  LOL

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

The hairdresser I had for 35 years started out as a barber.  He worked in salons all the time I knew him.  He retired a couple years ago and he can't be replaced!  Woman Sad

@spent2much 

The stylist who cut & did gorgeous comb thru highlights for me for 20 years worked as a RN for years.  Go figure!

I absolutely have NOT been able to replace him!  😭

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

My mother went to see Rosemary's Baby, came home and cut all my hair off.

She channeled Sassoon for several years.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I have been going to my DH's barber since the end of the shutdown.  I have short hair and he gives me a great cut.  I was frustrated with my stylist because it never seemed even and with the barber it is totally even.  There are very few barbers left in my area.  We drive to a nearby town about 20 miles away to go to ours. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Haircut today

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21

Wow!  I could never cut my own hair!  Good for you Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@spent2much 

The stylist who cut & did gorgeous comb thru highlights for me for 20 years worked as a RN for years.  Go figure!

I absolutely have NOT been able to replace him!  😭

@Drythe   An RN?  Well, was he a barber also?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  So is your hair short?  Layers, or all one length?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
I think it’s odd to not be happy with a stylist’s services. I’d speak up and ask for it to be fixed. I have a lot of layers and a razor cut finish. I can’t imagine getting that done at the barber shop.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Haircut today

[ Edited ]

When I was 17 or 18 I had short hair., short but a really cute and sharp cut. 

One day I was at my boyfriend 's house and he decided to go to the barber with his Dad to get a haircut.  Kidding around, I said I really needed a trim and his father convinced me to come with them to the barber.

It was the best haircut I ever had, I went to that barber for at least three years, until I moved away.  I've found that many stylists at salons don't listen to what you want  or care if you're satisfied.  Their prices are not justified.

Respected Contributor
@stellabystarlight..it was interesting to read about your Sassoon hair model days! Also, u mentioned you worked in NY Fashion Industry. So did I. I worked on
Seventh Ave in Garment District as a Sportswear Buyer. This was quite a long time ago in the 80’s + 90’s. Lol.