Contributor

Re: HairMax question for users

Thanks so much!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbellewrote:

Reviews on the Q for the laser 9 are not very good, and yes, shedding is reported in the reviews. I did not order, becasue i keep Toppik hair fibers in my scalp at all times, and so the laser would be blocked as stated in the previous post.

I also use shake-in fibers but a different brand than Toppik and I wondered about that when I ordered it. I have noticed that if I put my head over the sink and rub my scalp and shake my hair it all falls out....the sink looks dirty. So that's what I plan to do those times I use it and haven't just washed my hair. It's either going to work or it's not, at least you get plenty of time to give it a try to return it if it's a big fail.

Esteemed Contributor

@Born2typewrote:

I plan on using it after I wash my hair and dry it just before bed.  I will apply the Great Hair Day after I use the device or in the morning when I get ready for work.  I am just scared of the comments about shedding.  I don't need to shed anymore hair Smiley Sad!!!

I'm back to using my shake-in fibers after giving Great Hair Day several tries. I just can't seem to get anything except spots of it. Hard to explain, when I tap the brush to my scalp it's like a glom comes off and sits there like a big polka dot whereas using a shaker distributes it more evenly. I've tried several different brushes besides the one that came with it but just can't perfect it. Is there a secret to applying it?

Contributor

I use the brush to dab it on and then I use the tips of my fingers to blend.  I also buy two colors as one is too dark and the other too light.  I just tab it on and used my fingers in a circular motion.  It doesn't come out until I wash it out.  I am thinking about getting a different brush though than the one that comes with it.

Honored Contributor

I also use the Great Day in addition to fibers in certain spots. I never use the brush. I once saw Adrien Arpel seeling a very similar product on HSN, she said to take a tissue and rub the tissue on the hair product, then rub the tissue on your scalp, that is what I do.