Respected Contributor

Has anyone used this and gotten results right away?  I'm wondering if it's my imagination but I swear my hair has gotten thicker and I've only been using it a few weeks.  Maybe power of suggestion is influencing it.  I had one spot, the side I sleep on, where you could see my scalp and now you can't see it.  Also the part was getting very evident and not so much now.  Share your experiences and at what point you saw results.

Regular Contributor

@makena - that is great, so far I haven't noticed anything.  I am watching my temples.

Respected Contributor

I do see new hairs around the front hairline ... they are fuzzy.  Like baby animal fur Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

makena, that's good to hear! i've been wondering if anything really works, so i've been doing some research. ofcourse not one thing works well on everyone, but still, good reviews help. happy for you!

Respected Contributor

I've been using mine for a while now and I do think my hair appears thicker.

Honored Contributor

I have owned a Hairmax comb since it first was offered here at the Q, four years maybe. Anyway, I have read some reviews and stories about people experiencing rapid hair growth with its use and then some don't see any growth even after using it for the recommended time of 16 weeks. My hair started growing back slowly after about the first three months. What's interesting is that after all this time of consistent use (twice weekly now) I am still seeing new hair growth. My hair is indeed getting more filled in. 

I'm not surprised if you see new hairs so soon. You just happen to be in the minority though...and very lucky!Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

My dh is interested in this. I told him about this thread. He is wondering if you ladies use anything topical (like Rogaine) on your hair as well, or if all you are using is this comb?

TIA. I am thrilled it is working for you all.

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

My dh is interested in this. I told him about this thread. He is wondering if you ladies use anything topical (like Rogaine) on your hair as well, or if all you are using is this comb?

TIA. I am thrilled it is working for you all.

@happycat,

A few months ago I started putting copper-peptide serum (Isomers) on my scalp. The use of this copper-peptide has been a topic of discussion about its effective use as a hair growth stimulant which rivals minoxidil (Rogaine) but without the greasy mess that comes with Rogaine. I believe it is helping my hair grow back thicker. By thicker I mean each strand is thicker.

Respected Contributor

I'm into week two with Hair max. It is heartening to read some good results. Do you adhere to the suggested 3x weekly for 11 minutes? I am using rogain one hour after. Their forums said it could be used before, but I found it was too sticky to use the comb easily. I don't find it bothersome to use at all. Of course, there is not much I won't do to fill in anything spots,lol. I am hopeful for some results. 

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

I'm into week two with Hair max. It is heartening to read some good results. Do you adhere to the suggested 3x weekly for 11 minutes? I am using rogain one hour after. Their forums said it could be used before, but I found it was too sticky to use the comb easily. I don't find it bothersome to use at all. Of course, there is not much I won't do to fill in anything spots,lol. I am hopeful for some results. 

@birkin baby,

Absolutely adhere to the recommended use. The thing about this type hair laser technology is that you can't over-use it. It's not good to under-use it. They say after you have used the comb for 16 weeks and have hair growth then you can cut back to a once-a-week maintenance routine. I don't agree with this. Not everyone will experience full potential hair growth if this option is done. I can attest for this. For me after the first 16 weeks had passed I cut back to once a week and my hair seemed to not get any fuller and in fact started to thin again. So I started using it twice weekly and have done this ever since with much better results! 

As far as using a hair-growth solution (Rogaine), I don't think it matters before or after combing. But Hairmax recommends use on clean scalp.

I also own the iGrow helmit thing.