Respected Contributor

Looking for nail polish recommendations

I am looking for a deep red, oxblood nail poilsh.

Please NO OPI, I have natural nails and can not wear OPI- it flakes off the edge of my nails no matter what base/top coat they use.

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for nail polish recommendations

Try the Sinful line. I highly recommend them and they're rated as highly, for performance, as the more expensive brands but are only a 1.99! You can find them at Walgreens

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sinful is wonderful

but not a huge selection of reds.

Sally Hansen ?

Trusted Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I am looking for a deep red, oxblood nail poilsh.

Please NO OPI, I have natural nails and can not wear OPI- it flakes off the edge of my nails no matter what base/top coat they use.

OMG - I thought I was the only OPI hater on this board! Same thing happens to me.

Anyway, I'd suggest checking what Sinful and Sally Hansen offer. I have natural nails too and those last the longest for me without chipping. I almost went a full 2 weeks on a Sinful metallic color with no chipping (actually my thumbs did not chip at all).

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl   Essie. Fishnet Stockings. 

Honored Contributor

I was looking in my own collection and while I don't do a lot of reds I do have a good deep red, from sinful, called ruby red that may fit the bill

Super Contributor

Check out Zoya. I don't have a specific color rec for you but you'll definitely find what you're looking for. They have soooo many colors!
Respected Contributor

I am a fan of Essie, Sally Hanson and Revlon.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

Try Butter London Saucy Jack or Ruby Murray; Butter London has a whole section of reds from a deep merlot to what I'd call a grapefruit pink/orange/red.  And, for me, it stays on without chipping.

Esteemed Contributor

Pro Strong nail polis works great for me. I have natural nails. They have a shade called "chocolate covered cherries" that sounds like what you described.,  I usually buy the quad sets because it's a better deal. I think this shade is in the "hot to trot" qroup. 

I find them on QVC or the ProStrong website.