Esteemed Contributor

I've been searching drugstores and supermarkets trying to find myself a new root boost spray.  Do hair companies make them anymore?   Help!

I used Suave "Root Boost" for years -- fabulous product, but it was discontinued.  Then I found a L'oreal spray that was OK, then a Garnier spray which was doable.  These also have been discontinued.  Mousses don't work for me and gels are too gooey. 

I need a non-aerosol spray to spritz on towel-dried hair that won't make my hair sticky.  Something I can apply to the roots then finger-poof my hair while I blow it dry (or let it dry naturally).  I know exactly what I want, I just can't find one.  Frustrating.  I was in 2 stores this morning trying to find something.  Anything!  So thought I'd ask for your suggestions on this board.

Please, if you know of such a root boosting spray, let me know.  Nothing high-end, nothing that has to be ordered online, or purchased at a department store.  Just some convenient drugstore-type product.  Is there such a thing?

Thank you for your help! 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I use Got2B Volumaniac root lift spray...got it at my grocery store.  $4.00 and Kroger had a $2.00 coupon!  It works ok for me.

Respected Contributor

I use Catwalk Root Boost Spray by Tigi. You can buy it at Ulta or Amazon. Works very well.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

I like Living Proof Root lifting spray.  HOwever it is not available in Drug Stores.  ULTA carries it and I think SEphora has it.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo, I use Regis Root Boost. It's about 11.00 per can but lasts a long time. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @alicedee - I've seen Got2B brand at Kroger.  I didn't find anything called Volumaniac, but I'll look closer next time I'm there.

@loveschocolate- Where do you buy Regis products? 

Ladies, there isn't a Sephora or Ulta within 60 miles of me.  I need to check out a nearby Beauty Brands, though. 

Thank you all.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo.  This is what I've been using from Kroger!

IMG_0705.JPG

Honored Contributor

@tototwo  I buy it at Fiesta Hair Salon, but you can buy it online too. 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Dry shampoos can also act as a root boost

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.