Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm - I have to tell you, I think baby pigs are just the cutest things, lol. And Molly is just adorable. Thank you, Riley1

Esteemed Contributor

I'm all for CF cosmetics and for companies to stop this horrible practice. It's about time corporations realize this is just wrong.

And, I do check to see who the Parent Company is to see whether they are a CF company - so many aren't.

Thanks, @Tinkrbl44 for this information..

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

No matter what I buy I try to make sure it is cruelty free. Even if I like something, a makeup or soap or whatever, I will search until I find a comparable cruelty free one, because that is the most important thing to me. I am a vegetarian, and don't buy leather either.I haven't always been this way but always wanted to. And I think we all can find quality things that are cruelty free. It just takes some searching!

I guess I feel like I love them all too much too, and their lives are just as precious as any!

I wish some of these laws would stop depending on state to state to do the right thing! And that includes so many things!

"As of November 2021, eight states (California, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey and Virginia) have passed laws banning cosmetics animal testing."

@on the bay 

Would you mind sharing what you consider the best companies to buy from based on their CF practices?  Top three companies ... or Top five? 

TIA

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, I know this is probably not what you are asking, but crueltyfreekitty and leapingbunny are websites to look at.

I used to keep a list of cruelty free brands for soap, makeup, cleaning etc but things change when companies are bought out.

So now I just look up what it is I am buying and see if cruelty free.

And you are probably aware that some say cruelty free but are made in China or were purchased by a parent company that is not cruelty free.

I recently found Salon Selectives shampoo at the dollar store that is cruelty free! leaping bunny approved and really nice!

Flower Power by Drew Barrymore for cosmetics is.

There are others but ones like NYX cosmetics though they are totally cruelty free and do not sell in China,

and made in US, they are owned by L'oreal which does test on animals.

So long story not short😬,

when in doubt I just keep searching. And if in the store, it should have the cruelty free label on it somewhere, most times with bunny earsSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"