Respected Contributor

Re: HMMM NANCY CHANGED HER HAIR

The endless forum hair debates...good grief.

Esteemed Contributor

She's probably wearing that wig they are selling today. I think all the Hosts have had the wigs on in the last couple of days

Honored Contributor

I recall her having the cutest short hair cut..it was a few years ago but looked so nice on her.

Trusted Contributor

I personally thought she looked much better when she wore her hair very short several years ago. But it is her choice. I noticed one day she was presenting and she looked rather dishelved. Long hair in a pony tail with the gray showing, and her presentation seemed like she was nervous, she must have been having a bad day as we all do.

Honored Contributor

If I notice a woman in line at the grocery store or somewhere near me and she's obviously growing out her hair to be her natural grey, I try to give her a boost of confidence. I'll say that I see she's going natural and know it's difficult and to hang with it. It means a lot when someone's made a tough decision and going through a hard time getting to the finish line. 

Support and not criticism is a wonderful thing. It can make someone's day! 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Hosts must be going back to the salon, some anyway.  The other night Sandra had her hair pulled back, very flat and dark.  ???

@depglass , some of them have been back on the salon for at least a couple of months.  They've posted salon photos on their social media or it has been mentioned by them on air. 

I think they are still doing their own make-up though at the studio. 

Honored Contributor

On Nancy's FB page, she herself said while she got a lot of positive support and comments about her showing her grey hair, she also got a lot of "really nasty comments" as well. 

Occasional Contributor

I have dark brown almost black hair.  On a whim I told my stylist just go ahead 

bleach my entire head.  Big mistake.  My hair looked like straw.  I went back and he colored my hair a lighter brown, not the roots.  Eventually when I had enough gray 

he cut my hair short and I loved it.  It was a one year proces and I was ttempted to say forget it and dye my hair brown again.  I'm so glad I stuck it out.  I get so many compiments on my hair now.  My daughter hates it.  She said I'm going t go to my gravw with dark brown hair, Good luck and you need patience.  I'm verry happy with my hair now/  A lot of people say it make me look younger, soften my face.  To each his own.  I wish you well because it wasn't easy.  My stylist took pictures as we progressed.  Three of my friend decided to go gray as well.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine Nancy going completely grey.  I think it would age her.  Dark hair with a shorter cut is flattering on her. 

Honored Contributor

My hair  had been silver/white and dyed dark for decades. The roots were resistant to the dye and "filler" needed to be added to the dye to cover the grey roots. It was so drying....killing my hair as it grew out until my next cut. The sprays and root powders had to go everywhere because with curly hair, there are "parts" wherever there is a curl. 

I really had no choice except to make that decision to stop coloring my hair. Curly hair is dry anyway and tends to frizz. Many years of dye was making the situation worse and as my skin naturally lighened more (if possible), even medium brown was too dark against my face. I looked ghostly. 

Some women make the choice to go grey for different reasons at different ages. Although I'm seeing more "silver sisters" my age and in the 50's, it's not for everyone. It requires confidence to pull it off in your 60's like I did and younger...especially having darker hair like Nancy. 

Comments that make a woman doubt herself are not helpful. I don't think if you were transitioning to grey, you'd want anything except support. I hope Nancy didn't dye her hair back because she read negativity here.