Respected Contributor

JMO, my hair is blonde, I just feel when my hair is solid blonde it just  looks so dated. I think I look better when I have some definition at the roots. 

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 @I really don’t care if men get it or not.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Grey Roots...

[ Edited ]

@likeitis wrote:

Ok, so you all know how it has been stylish for the past several years, for women to wear blonde hair with shades of dark color roots?

Well, I was just wondering if the trend could become popular to have our blonde hair with grey roots..

I have a whole bunch of friends who would love that to be fashionable..come onSmiley Tongue

This is actually my natural look now, ever since my hair started to gray, years ago. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

My natural hair color is dark blond, but it looks kind of light brown now with areas of gray. Underneath you can still see my original hair color.

It's kind of all naturally blended in together, with the front being more gray than the rest of my hair. 

A sylist told me that she could actually put some low-lights in my hair to balance out the gray, as opposed to highlighting it. 

I haven't tried that yet, but I do think about giving it a try. 

My gray is more of a silver color I think, as opposed to gray. There is some white blended in, too. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28  Good for you.

Honored Contributor

Why bother coloring your hair at all, if you are going to let your roots show???    (I am a bleached blonde, and keep it  up religiously.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't know, I never got the purposeful dark roots with light hair, men don't get that either. As far as grey roots with light hair It's kind of the same thing, like hey, you need your roots done. I love to see a natural head of light hair, no matter what shade it is. My niece is a natural blue eyed blond, she is so classy looking. I wonder what she's going to do when she starts to grey though, it'll be interesting.

Who cares what men like or get? Most of the women I know touch up their roots . Regardless of their color of their hair. Most of my friends are blond and spend more than I could each month keeping the their blond hair. I've been coloring mine for decades. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't think dark hair with gray roots is attractive at all.  Either get the roots touched up or let it grow out and have it entirely gray.  'In betweens' just look bad imo.

@SilleeMee   ITA, grey roots make the person look unkempt/sloppy. My grey roots against dark hair showed in 2 weeks. I had no choice but to let the grey win out and never looked back. If that's not an option, be prepared to keep the roots up w/ regular appointments, go to a lighter base color or add a lot of highlights to blend the shades. It just got time consuming and expensive for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sooooo, @likeitis - are you trying to decide whether to keep coloring or grow it out to gray?  Living with the roots in the meantime and hoping to start a trend?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

My hair, which was natural blonde as a child, has been colored since i was probably 16.  I decided about a year ago to stop coloring it and see how it looked.  My hair is salt and pepper now and I still have some blonde remaining.  It doesn't look bad.  I have no plans to start coloring it again.  Could change my mind in the future, who knows?  I don't like the very dark roots and blonde color trend though.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@likeitis wrote:

Ok, so you all know how it has been stylish for the past several years, for women to wear blonde hair with shades of dark color roots?

Well, I was just wondering if the trend could become popular to have our blonde hair with grey roots..

I have a whole bunch of friends who would love that to be fashionable..come onSmiley Tongue

@likeitis , I don't understand how people could not understand immediately that you were kidding!  Good grief.  And I get it and agree!  lol  I get my roots professionally colored every 4 weeks.  It's expensive, but I am not fortunate enough to have the coloring to look good in gray hair.  (And truth be known...I could really stand to have them colored every 3 weeks, but who could afford that?)