Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases week ending 1/3/2020

Happy New Year, Beauties.  I did not purchase anything this past week.

Share your beauty purchases and have a wonderful weekend.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases week ending 1/3/2020

Beekman Covent Garden 4-pack and  Arcadia Goat  Soap 4-pack with a 20% off code on each 4 pack free s/h. 

ISOMERS Skincare Super Size Matrixyl-4 Pur Collagen Peptide Serum 4.06 oz with 20% off and free s/h.

I told myself no more beauty but I havn't tried the two soap scents and the Isomers was a great buy. NOW, no more. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Friday!

While grocery shopping yesterday, I bought CeraVe moisturizer and Gold Bond Neck and Chest.  Does that count?  Both of these are my everyday, won't-live-without skin care. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I'm replacing lip glosses. Some are just too old, never worn (passed over) and most look the same...pinky/beige. Often wear lip pencil all over and gloss instead of lipstick. I purchased Buxom Dolly a few others during the sale on their site. Now the big job of tossing out the huge collection of non-wearables. 

***It seems Bobbi is discontinuing my favorite glosses and replacing w/ an expensive "oil infused crushed color gloss". What? That can't possibly be long wearing. 

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Happy Friday!

While grocery shopping yesterday, I bought CeraVe moisturizer and Gold Bond Neck and Chest.  Does that count?  Both of these are my everyday, won't-live-without skin care. 

@tototwo   I so agree. If I had to choose, skincare always comes first. I rarely wear foundation. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just taking advantage of Neoteric 30% off, so I backed up the Alpha AHA lotion and retinol. (only a backup, not a stock pile)

Honored Contributor

Just purchased a new eye cream today. Decided to try No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Eye Cream. I am in my late 50s with a few wrinkles under my eyes. Will start using tonight. I have tried lots of eye creams and serums over the years. I haven’t really been impressed with any of them. Will see if I like this one. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma   No 7 has great products so I hope it works out for you.  I use one of their eye creams and like it very much.  I was using a day time moisturizer by No 7 and turned around and stopped offering it.  I was so disappointed.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I purchased a few of Clinique holiday gift sets on sale from Shoppers Drug Mart and Hudson's Bay in Canada. 

On Boxing Day I bought myself the Clinique Cool down blush pop trio palette from Shoppers Drug Mart. Later on that day I bought my daughter one too from HBC.

This week I decided to get the Clinique Merry and Bright gift set on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart because I wanted the neutral eyeshadow palette and it also came with a lip pop lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, and trial moisturizer. A different Shoppers Drug Mart still had the Clinique holiday ornaments on clearance too so I got the set with the Clinique mini lip pop lipstick and gloss and the other set had a mascara and a trial size of the Take the day off balm cleanser which I have never tried.

I also bought a Hada Labo Shirojyun arbutin and hylauronic acid liquid moisturizer from the T&T supermarket asian grocery store. I wanted to try this because Hada Labo is a japanese unscented skin care line and I already use the Hada Labo Gokujyun hyalauronic acid liquid moisturizer. The gokujyun moisturizer isn't sticky like the shiro version.

Honored Contributor

no nothing new--but I did cancel the beauty boxes I was getting---just too much stuff to use up---love them but have way too much------