Trusted Contributor

Great Hair In Humidity Thanks to..................

Thank you to everyone that recommended Kenra Professional Volume Spray 25 to me! It is so humid here  -   I walked the dog and then came home and helped my husband do lawn edging and sweeping and blowing, etc. etc. etc.   My face was all wet, my clothes were wet - BUT my hair still looks great from when I styled it first thing in the morning!    What a great product.

Honored Contributor

Re: Great Hair In Humidity Thanks to..................

@BunSnoop    No hair spray needed when you live where the relative humidity this time of year is 6% or less.  Hot but not humid. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop 

That's good to hear, but it would help if we knew what effect humidity usually has on your hair.  If your hair is baby fine and straight like mine, humidity makes it collapse flat on my head and lose any curve or lift.  But curly haired ladies get the frizzies when they go out in the humidity.  Do you mind sharing which you are?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

Hi @shoesnbags, I have very heavy thick straight hair.  Mine does the same as yours in humidity -collapses flat on my head and loses any curve or lift. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop wrote:

Hi @shoesnbags, I have very heavy thick straight hair.  Mine does the same as yours in humidity -collapses flat on my head and loses any curve or lift. 

Ok, thanks @BunSnoop .  I'm going to look into this product!

ETA Just ordered it from Walmart- really good price.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I love Kenra products, my salon used to sell them exclusively. I have horrible hair, lots of it and thick, although it's thinned out with age. It's naturally frizzy if left to air dry (worse now that the gray has moved in!) and in humidity, which we usually have at around 90% beginning in June through Sept or Oct, it grows big sideways and is a mess. I have found that using tweak'd cleansers helps, but it dries out my already dry hair so I have to use a heavy conditioning mask about once a week to get some shine. I wash daily, even though they say not to. I sometimes let it go to every other day and use dry shampoo but that doesn't work very well in the summer when my head sweats. I don't use hair spray at all in the humidity, sparingly in the winter. Glad you found something that works for you, it's a job finding something that will work!

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@BunSnoop 

That's good to hear, but it would help if we knew what effect humidity usually has on your hair.  If your hair is baby fine and straight like mine, humidity makes it collapse flat on my head and lose any curve or lift.  But curly haired ladies get the frizzies when they go out in the humidity.  Do you mind sharing which you are?

@shoesnbags 

I have fine hair that never droops or collapses; that's why I have a body perm.  

Kendra makes a leave in conditioner that eliminates the frizzes (which I use).

Honored Contributor

How can we live so close and yet have such opposite humidity???  Last night my husband and I asked Google Home what the humidity was in Las Vegas (where we'd love to be living).  10pm and the humidity was 9%...NINE!  Can you even keep enough hydration and moisturizer on your face to combat the dryness? Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

I just put a can in my WM cart (online).  I have almost shoulder length hair and cut in layers.  My face and head are the first things to sweat.  My hair gets flat.  So are you guys saying that the spray keeps your hair from falling flat even if it's fallen flat because of a sweaty head?  That's a miracle!

Respected Contributor

My fine hair is straight in the winter but full and wavy during the humidity in summer. We;re all so different.