Trusted Contributor

I have finally, satisfactorily replaced Purity, the cleanser I've used for at least a dozen years.  Purity's popularity convinces users to put up with the irritated, red eyes, the tight singed skin, the chemistry lab smell.  The ingredient list includes oils used in furniture polish among the odd assortment of known irritants.  I've been distracted by Lancome, Shisheido, Clinique...... , sidetracked by Paula and Cetaphil and CeraVe... and found the perfect cleanser,  readily accessible, hiding there, overshadowed by the  famous Peter Thomas Roth products.

Peter Thomas Roth's sleeper Gentle Foaming Cleanser has totally, finally replaced Purity.      This awesome cleanser  gently removes makeup without irritating eyes or skin. It contains vitamins A. C and E, is fragrance free, soap free, sulfate free, with no alcohol foaming agents. 

The PYR Gentle Foaming Cleanser top easily screws off so that you can assure yourself you are receiving a full bottle of product and guage your usage.  It is filled to the brim with a clear amber gel. the foaming occurs as the gel is dispensed.  Use per use this is a better $value$ than Purity. 

I understand that many contributors could care less and if that is your position, I'd ask that you simply ignore this posting.  But, if you have sensitive skin and you need a great cleanser I hope you'll give this one a try.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: GoodBye Purity Made Simple.

PTR's gentle foaming cleanser is the absolute best!!  Nothing comes close to being as gentle while being very effective, and I love the scent..... smells like tea to me.  Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

CoG is that the cleanser that has a bit of a peach scent?

Super Contributor

Thanks for your post.  I haven't had success with the others so I will check this one out.

Super Contributor

Glad you found a cleanser that works for you. Unfortunately, PTR "Gentle" Foaming Cleanser is the opposite of gentle on my skin. It dries my skin out horribly, irritates my skin, and causes painful breakouts. I have a similar reaction to Purity, though I find the PTR cleanser more drying. Just goes to show that what works beautifully for one person may be a disaster for another.

Trusted Contributor

No, TuesdayTaylor and all interested parties, Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Foaming Cleanser is Fragrance Free !  Soap free , sulfate free, alcohol free!

i ordered three more once I realized just what a bargain the are on Amazon.  The pump bottle is FULL.  The foam is created as you use the pump . Each cleansing takes one or two pumps and there's little appreciable decrease in the amount remaining.  So, use per use, it's down right inexpensive. It is also refillable.  So of course I intend to find out if the pump makes foam from my Borghese gel Delicato, a product I rediscovered during my search and found I still love.

hope you'll get a chance to try it

Trusted Contributor

Gee, CassieM, I'm sorry to hear your horror story.  I hope you found the antidote.  Have you found a suitable alternative? 

It's hard to believe we're talking about the same product.  There are very few ingredients in PTR Gentle Foaming Cleanser to elicit an adverse reaction. In fact, Cetaphil gentle cleanser, the cleanser I've had a prescription for all my adult life, is more likely to cause a reaction than PTR's .  The reviews I've read all boast about the gentleness of this formula.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, CoG, it sounds great!  I do use and love Purity but sometimes I like to switch things up, my skin seems to like it when I do that, so when I get done with this bottle of Purity I'm going to try the PTR foaming cleanser thanks to your great suggestion!  Recently I tried a couple of PTR products for the first time and I really like them and I'm sure I'll also like the cleanser, it sounds perfect for me.  Thanks for your helpful post!

Super Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Gee, CassieM, I'm sorry to hear your horror story.  I hope you found the antidote.  Have you found a suitable alternative? 

It's hard to believe we're talking about the same product.  There are very few ingredients in PTR Gentle Foaming Cleanser to elicit an adverse reaction. In fact, Cetaphil gentle cleanser, the cleanser I've had a prescription for all my adult life, is more likely to cause a reaction than PTR's .  The reviews I've read all boast about the gentleness of this formula.

In my case I think my skin was reacting to the surfactants (anything foaming seems to set my skin off and dry it out, even the non-sulfate ones - I have the same issues with shampoo), the retinal palmitate, and the vitamin c. They all can cause reactions for me.

Honored Contributor

I've never tried anything from his line except his Peel Pads and I loved those.  I tried several other brands' pads and they all wrecked my skin.  His were the best.

Recently I bought the suncare sampler bag from Sephora and it contained a decent trial size of the PTR Max Sheer Moisturizer with SPF 30 and I absolutely loved it as well.