Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: GoodBye Purity Made Simple.

i'll have to check that out.  i also had to stop purity and i've been "auditioning" makeup removers/cleansers for the past few months.  so far, i've only found one that works well for me that does not irritate my skin and actually leaves it feeling really good - bobbi brown's cleansing oil.  it's also the only cleansing oil i've tried that does not leave a film on the face and requires a second cleanse.  but it's soooo expensive, and i go through cleanser so fast....

Occasional Contributor

Neither Purity Made Simple nor Peter Thomas Roth are cruelty-free products. So with all the suds and fruity smells etc, Philosophy tests on animals and yes, sometimes my eyes burn too. So I guess a lot of little animals got poked in the eyes for nothing. Peter Thomas Roth should know better as well.  If he's so great, let him bring us some products that are cruelty-free and show some character and integrity.

Respected Contributor

I think it's all in your biological makeup.  I use Purity just fine - no burning eyes or redness.  PTR make my eyes burn like crazy and I can't use it.  So just because it works or doesn't work for you does not mean it will react the same way on everybody.

Respected Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Purity's popularity convinces users to put up with the irritated, red eyes, the tight singed skin,  .

I cannot believe this is true. Who the heck would do this?  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I 've said this often but I'll say it again: I was absolutely mortified, and then just mad, when I purchased Purity and then read the ingredients! Everything, and I do mean everything, that the other vendors brag about not having in their products are in the Purity! Reminds me of the old Ragu commericals: "it's in there!"

The mad is from all the glowing reviews and the presentations where they basically encourage you stick all these chemicals in your eyes! Take a bottle to your eye doctor and see what he/she says about that...

As for a great gel cleanser I haven't tried the PTR but I love the Borghese gel delicato. It's really terrific.

Respected Contributor

I love purity made simple, but I cannot use it anymore.

It has become way too drying for my skin.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I have very sensitive eyes and dry skin.  I have used Purity in the past and never had a problem with it burning my eyes or my skin or making my skin drier.

My biggest issue with it was that it didn't remove my make-up.  And it's not like I wear heavy duty theatrical make-up or anything.  I never realized the lousy job it was doing at make-up removal because they always said you didn't need a toner with it so I never used one. 

Then one day I got a GWP toner from another company and used it.  I was shocked at how filthy the cottonball was after washing my face with the Purity.     

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I 've said this often but I'll say it again: I was absolutely mortified, and then just mad, when I purchased Purity and then read the ingredients! Everything, and I do mean everything, that the other vendors brag about not having in their products are in the Purity! Reminds me of the old Ragu commericals: "it's in there!"

The mad is from all the glowing reviews and the presentations where they basically encourage you stick all these chemicals in your eyes! Take a bottle to your eye doctor and see what he/she says about that...

As for a great gel cleanser I haven't tried the PTR but I love the Borghese gel delicato. It's really terrific.

I didn't know they they make a cleanser. The only gel delicato I've seen is the Borghese Gel Delicato Gentle Makeup Remover.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@CoG wrote:

Purity's popularity convinces users to put up with the irritated, red eyes, the tight singed skin,  .

I cannot believe this is true. Who the heck would do this?  

$$$$$$? 

Nevertheless, the ingredient deck does not lie......

IMHO, this one of the most caustic cleansers on the market. Yes, I find it hard to believe that this Company in light of all the research and information on ingredients has not chosen to update the formula. It seems that their "risk analysis" regarding profits makes it safer to keep it as it is (so that some users don't get angry about changes to a beloved product) than any potential health factor. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

Tatcha, camellia cleansing oil is the very best!