Respected Contributor

A co-worker had told me once upon a time that she used GoodRx online services to get an MD eval for acne and prescription for Retin-A which she got through them as well.  The whole thing was very inexpensive and fast.

It was cheaper than her using insurance and going to her derm.

Has anyone used this process for getting Retin-A for anti-aging purposes?  

Honored Contributor

I went through my dermatologist.  He suggested Retin A since I was having to have adult acne cysts develop every month which would have to be injected.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Rx for Retin A

[ Edited ]

I buy my tretinoin from an overseas pharmacy which doesn't require a Rx. I pay about $7.50 for a 20gm tube plus the shipping which is usually $15 to $20 (it varies). I buy it in multiples, usually once a year, so I save on shipping. I don't believe Good Rx can be applied to that but I'm not sure.

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl  just yesterday I used GoodRx to buy my Retin-A at my local pharmacy, using a prescription given to me by my dermatologist.  My insurance doesn't cover it but with GoodRx I paid $61 for a 45g tube of the .05% strength. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I buy my tretinoin from an overseas pharmacy which doesn't require a Rx. I pay about $7.50 for a 20gm tube plus the shipping which is usually $15 to $20 (it varies). I buy it in multiples, usually once a year, so I save on shipping. I don't believe Good Rx can be applied to that but I'm not sure.

@SilleeMee 

Would you mind telling us what pharmacy you use?  

Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Would you mind telling us what pharmacy you use?  

Thanks in advance.

@Foxxee 

AllDayChemist. 

Respected Contributor

Been using it for about 12 years...initially prescribed for stubborn adult breakouts when I was about 53.  They stopped a long time ago, but the doctor always renews my script every year, so it's my anti aging holy grail. Under My state employee prescription program, I only pay 10$ a tube. Love the stuff...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

A co-worker had told me once upon a time that she used GoodRx online services to get an MD eval for acne and prescription for Retin-A which she got through them as well.  The whole thing was very inexpensive and fast.

It was cheaper than her using insurance and going to her derm.

Has anyone used this process for getting Retin-A for anti-aging purposes?  

Many years ago, I had some facial surgery (mole removal) and the derm prescribed Tretinoin for scar prevention.  My insurance would not cover any portion (I was to old) so I used GoodRx to help reduce my cost.  I like using the Tretinoin but I’m at an age where I have to be more price conscious about everything.  I can get the real stuff w/o a prescription and no office visit charge by ordering online. I get mine from Tara Skincare

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch do you get yours from All Day Chemist?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch do you get yours from All Day Chemist?

No, @Texasmouse, I’ve been ordering from Tara Skincare.  I may try ADC, though.  The price is significantly lower, but the expiration is significantly closer, so I wouldn’t stock up too much.