Honored Contributor

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Honored Contributor

In reality, any shampoo with sulfates will naturally strip your hair of residue (& color). That’s why it’s a “no” by most stylists.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

You're in luck, @Jordan2 !

This is one of those rare cases where the inexpensive choice is also extremely effective and widely available.

Removes heavy buildup or light residue.

Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo.

PS   I also use this to clean my white window blinds once a year in the bathtub. Degreases kitchen blinds better than anything else I ever used.

LOL.  I'll have to try it for my blinds.  Who would have thought.

Honored Contributor

I was using Redken for color treated hair.

My hair is short, cropped with low/highlights & color.  I go every 3-3.5 weeks for touch-up.

A few months ago I was watching The Beekman Boys on HSN.  They were selling the shampoo bars.. I think it also comes liquid version and conditioner. 

I decided to try it.  Wow, what a difference in my hair texture & so shiny and soft.  Looks and feels healthier.

Best thing I am going every 6 weeks now for my hair vs. 3-3.5 because the color was "dull & faded".

The bars lather great & my color isn't being washed out🙂

My hairdresser isn't too happy but I am!

Just my personal opinion.

Respected Contributor

Kinky Curly Come Clean is a good, gentle clarifying shampoo that will not strip your hair. It has no sulfates nor silicones and is recommended for curly hair that needs occasional clarifying. 

The heavy duty clarifiers like Suave will strip your color.

As with any clarifying shampoo, you need to deep condition afterwards.

Occasional Contributor

My hair stylist says good old suave clarifying shampoo! Love it and so does my wallet!

Frequent Contributor

"Deep clean your hair with micellar shampoo. Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Shampoo is a sulfate-free daily shampoo powered by micellar technology to gently remove product build up, dirt and impurities from the hair."

Redken Clean Maniac Shampoo with Micellar water