Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I've use it a few times, a few days in a row, I think, may have been a day or so in between.  

My face, eye area, under brow,  started to flake, and at a time I didn't want to be seen.

I didn't realize that would happen. I  now see it says, exfoliate in the description- just read that- but I don't recall that being said during the shows.

Anyone else experiening peeling, flaking?  

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

@skittles2 

I did.  Looked like a flaky lizard.  Also had bad red blotches.  I do NOT have sensitive skin.  Have never reacted to any device OR any product before.   I used it as directed and for less time than recommended.

I returned it.

Honored Contributor

What skincare did you guys use with or just after the GloPro? Just curious.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: GloPro Micro Needle

[ Edited ]

I noticed that also so I started using SKINN Dermapeel before or after using  the Glo Pro after my shower.  Then I apply Isomer Moisture Magnet before the rest of my skincare and makeup and no problem.

Honored Contributor

Since the GP is an exfoliation device then I would expect to see some kind of peeling and flaking after it's used...don't you agree?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife What IS the recommended time of use?

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

BBS says in their description to use it for at least 1-3 minutes total.  Each area with 4-10 swipes in different directions. @Mothertrucker 

Respected Contributor

@skittles2 I haven't experienced any peeling of flaking and I use the GloPro 5 or 6 times a week for at least 5 minutes per session. It is my understanding that the GloPro does "Vertical exfoliation" not the horizontal exfoliation that we get with physical and chemical exfoliants. With that said, everyone is different... 

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

BBS says in their description to use it for at least 1-3 minutes total.  Each area with 4-10 swipes in different directions. @Mothertrucker 

@SilleeMee Thank you, you are always so helpful- I am using the longer needles as you suggested!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ Everyone- Thank you for your replies.

I hadn't used any exfoliation product or skincare with any exf. properties, etc.,  before treatment w/ GloPro. I didn't want to potentially cause any sensitivity.

I used it for the recommended amt of time. I found it relaxing too. 

I purposely didn't use my regular skincare afterward. I wanted to GloPro alone.

Here's my skincare:

Isomers Matrixly Pur 4 ( I have the HUGE 4 oz bottle as I also use it on my body- LOVE THIS STUFF!)

Perricone- Cold Plasma+, Essential FX, Neuro Day cream

Josie's Milk, Nectar, Reserve Oil.

The flaking didn't last for days and days, and was something I could deal with, I was suprised, but totally my fault because I didn't pay attention to the word exfoliation.

I'll still use it for a few more weeks before I decide to keep/return.  I don't mind exfoliation, and now I'll judge when to use it if I don't want the exfoliation process to be visible on a certain day.

I'd imagine the more it's consistently used, exfoliation would lessen.

I started to see flaking the next day. I didn't use anything after flaking started. I figured flaking/ exfoliating, was a good thing.

After letting that happen for 2 days I used Josie's Reserve Oil.   

After a day I changed to Isomers Matrixly Pur 4 for a few days.

All is well.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE