Esteemed Contributor

Re: GloPro Body head for face?

@SilleeMee Is this book a paperback?

Also, as you know, I ordered my Retin A.  I am wondering about incorporating the microneedling.  What length do you suggest?  I get that it should be Stainless steel and 192 needle count.  I want it for collagen stimulation.  

My Retin A has a 2 to 3 week delivery date because of Covid.  I wouldn't mind starting this now.

Suggestions?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee Is this book a paperback?

Also, as you know, I ordered my Retin A.  I am wondering about incorporating the microneedling.  What length do you suggest?  I get that it should be Stainless steel and 192 needle count.  I want it for collagen stimulation.  

My Retin A has a 2 to 3 week delivery date because of Covid.  I wouldn't mind starting this now.

Suggestions?

@tends2dogs 

The shorter length, 0.25mm, is used to exfoliate and make your skin absorb skincare products better. The longer length, 0.5mm, is used to stimulate collagen.

RA should not be applied to freshly needled skin. Apply RA at night as directed. 

The longer 0.5 rollers used for collagen stimulation should only be used once every 3 to four weeks. RA should be stopped three days before rolling with the 0.5 roller and then resume applying RA three days after rolling. This is to reduce unnecessary irritation and possible sensitivity to the RA. 

The shorter length, 0.25mm, can be used in the mornings if you plan on using RA at night. But never at the time of RA application...it's just too much for your skin to handle at once.

The book is a paperback.

Esteemed Contributor

One more question (I am sure you may have answered this elsewhere) is do YOU roll for exfoliation AND collagen production?  

@SilleeMee 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

One more question (I am sure you may have answered this elsewhere) is do YOU roll for exfoliation AND collagen production?  

@SilleeMee 

@tends2dogs 

Yes. The 0.5mm length, which I use,  stimulates collagen while exfoliating at the same time...feeding two birds with one scone.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   I am having quite the time trying to find a .5mm stainless steel 192 count micro roller.  Could you offer an item  number or product name that you have found and use?  I looked on Amazon. No luck.

TIA

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee   I am having quite the time trying to find a .5mm stainless steel 192 count micro roller.  Could you offer an item  number or product name that you have found and use?  I looked on Amazon. No luck.

TIA

@tends2dogs 

At SkinMedix dot com. I have been buying their's for a long time. Their SS versions are $28. They are very good quality.

Honored Contributor

I have an inexpensive roller...everytime I use it on my face I sneeze, a lot.  Does this happen to anyone else?

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have an inexpensive roller...everytime I use it on my face I sneeze, a lot.  Does this happen to anyone else?

@Mom2Dogs 

No, but I tear up and my nose starts running. Happens every time.