Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

@weezer111 

Yes, you guys write about The Ordinary all the time, but I've never gotten anything from them.Thanks for mentioning!

There is also a 12% niacinamide from Cos de Baha. But other than a cream I used a long time ago, I just never had that ingredient (that I knew of) in my skincare, and thought the lesser % was a better idea.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

@weezer111 

Yes, you guys write about The Ordinary all the time, but I've never gotten anything from them.Thanks for mentioning!

There is also a 12% niacinamide from Cos de Baha. But other than a cream I used a long time ago, I just never had that ingredient (that I knew of) in my skincare, and thought the lesser % was a better idea.

@Harpa You're welcome! I love their products! I also really love their Face Primer, it is so good! I am not really big into primers, but this one works so well! 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought 2 bottles as it was only $12!

I see they aslo have a powder form that is only available online that you mix with a serum.  And they say when you do, it is even a higher percentage.

Kinda reminds me when Philosophy had a vit. c powder you mixed in.  Anyone try it as it is niacinamide as well.

I am really into this ingredient after reading this thread!

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

I see they aslo have a powder form that is only available online that you mix with a serum.  And they say when you do, it is even a higher percentage.

Kinda reminds me when Philosophy had a vit. c powder you mixed in.  Anyone try it as it is niacinamide as well.

I have found The Ordinary to be, well, ordinary, lol. Products really didn't do anything good or anything bad. Just nothing. As for the niacinamide one, never tried it. I tried niacinamide from another brand but no real results.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about glass skin but I do have clear skin and always have had it.   Growing up only one pimple around the once a month neighbor and that is it.  No acne.  My mother always had clear skin and I never saw a blemish on her face.  I am fortunate to have skin like my mother.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Harpa What’s the secret ingredient?  I’m pretty happy with the condition of my complexions, for a 63 yr. old, but still curious about ingredients and what they do.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I wanted the niacinamide. Here is the product and ingredient list.

(But it's probably that, and the other regular things I've been using, because like I wrote, I already had glowy skin.)

Cos de BAHA 5% Niacinamide Toner

*Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Propanediol, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycerin, Panthe nol, Sodium Hyaluronte, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Allantoin, *Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, *Rosma rinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, *Eucalyp tus Globulus Leaf Extract, *Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, *Aspalathus Linearis Extract *Mark Organic Ingredients : 85%

(The Aspalathus Linearis Extract is rooibos -- red leaf tea.)

@Harpa That toner looks very tempting. 

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

I would say no, not glass-like.

My goal is to have even textured, clear, poreless (looking), dewy skin with more of a soft-focus, natual look.  

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   Hi there.   Which brand did you choose when adding the suppliment.  I'll have to check to see if AL has one or if there is any in his multi.   Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Glass Skin Anyone?

[ Edited ]

@weezer111 wrote:

@weezer111  - I've not ordered this product, but just wanted you to know that I've ordered other products from The Ordinary's site and have been pleased thus far.  Their prices are so reasonable my recent purchase was delivered in a matter of days.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch   Hi there.   Which brand did you choose when adding the suppliment.  I'll have to check to see if AL has one or if there is any in his multi.   Thanks in advance.

@nyc1  I found something on Amazon that checked all the boxes for me.  My husband takes it too.

Baranta Health Nicotinamide 500 mg. Capsules

120 capsules/bottle 

2-bottle pack for under $40

Available for their subscribe & save program