Super Contributor

Can anyone describe this scent?  I love Fresh Cream, but I would like a second scent to wear from time to time.  Most perfumes and lotions seem very strong to me and really aggravate my allergies.  I used to like Pure Grace, but the last several years the perfume I have ordered has smelled very strong and like alcohol.  I am hoping Gingerbread Man may be just the thing I am looking for.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I remember Shawn describing Gingerbread Man as effervescent like ginger ale. She made it clear it does not smell like molasses, cinnamon and any other ingredients you'd put in gingerbread.

Respected Contributor

@Kcubed  FYI:  Philosophy has the TSV starting at midnight. Gingerbread Man is one of the selections.

Honored Contributor

@Kcubed  I own Gingerbread Man body wash and it a refreshing scent like ginger ale.  More citrus but very nice.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Thank you all.  I still do not know if I want it.  I am not a fan of citrus becasuse citrus usually translates into strong.  I was hoping that Gingerbread Man was more clean, mild and sweet.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kcubed Hi, I'm thrilled with the TSV, more than any other this year, or probably any year. And I buy a lot from Q.  I'm such a bath and body girl, and this scent is the best I've ever smelled, well, the original Falling in Love was the best.

I adore Gingerbread Man, have since the 3 in 1 1st came out, then fell for the body cream, and have been requesting a fragrance for a very long time.

It smells like ginger ale, not citrus, to me.  In the summer I feel a coolness from it, yet in the winter, it makes me warm.  I use it all year round.  

It's very relaxing to me.  I love this kit so much I ordered 4, and probably will buy 2 more.

Everyone I give gingerbread man to loves it and asks for the big bottles as Christmas presents. So do I !

I really hope the fragrance smell terrific.

Cat Very HappyCat Very Happy

Spoiler

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

My take on Gingerbread Man is that it does smell effervescent...I agree that ginger ale comes to mind, maybe with a slight scent of lemon...not overpowering at all.   It's definitely not a sweet gingerbread like cookies or cake would be.  But I love that about it...it's very fresh and invigorating. To me, the slight twist of citrus is not too strong or overpowering, but just enough to add that subtle note of "fresh."

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I am going to order it.  Skittle's post pushed me over the edge.  I could hear such passion in her post!!!!!!   Thanks for the replies.

Honored Contributor

@Kcubed  Gingerbread Man is a staple in my house, as well as the Snowman. Both are effervescent in scent; sparkly. Gingerbread Man is ginger ale, Snowman is Sprite, lol.

Gingerbread reminds me of Origins' Ginger. I LOVE that scent and bought a ton of their candles in this scent when they offered it. Every person I gave them to wanted more. Now I send them to QVC for the Gingerbread Man. It's clean, it's fresh, it's ginger with NO clove or bakery scent. Men and women love it, it does NOT interfere with ANY fragrance you may use and is PERFECT for warm/hot weather as well as during cold months. It's a great scent.

Honored Contributor

Oh gingerbread man is real good---no citrus at all just bubbly, crisp, ginger scent, like an ice cold glass of the drink! I love it and if I didn;t already have the body wash and souffle, I would order it again. Ginger ale is my fav to drink anyway.