Contributor

Hello!

I ordered the TSV for Wen and have been using the Bamboo Green Tea. This is my first time using Wen and I see a big difference in the look and feel of my hair. However, I have been getting far more dandruff than usual. My scalp is so dry the next day, and very itchy. I read the instructions carefully, I rinsed and repeated. I used the amount of pumps it says for my hair type and length. Last night I though for the second rinse I only use the 6/13 and today the dryness and dandruff is far more.

I tried to call their customer service but it was too late. Can anyone give me advice or what I could be doing wrong? I really loved the product and did read that Tea Tree is good for dry scalp but I haven't tried that and don't want to return the Bamboo Green Tea.

Any ideas or help is much appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

I think the consensus here is that if any product is causing an allergic reaction, stop using it. OTC Benadryl should help with the itching.

Contributor

I am not having an allergic reaction.

Super Contributor

Gohar, dandruff can be related to a number of things. It can be caused by food allergies; it can be hereditary etc. Flacky scalp is another thing - not necessarily dandruff. There are some really good articles on the internet about what dandruff is and what may cause it.

It seems a number of posters have found the WEN Bamboo Green Tea CC drying as well as 613 if used consistently on its own. You may want to try another WEN formula?

Contributor

My mom has dry scalp and has far worse dandruff than I do and WEN helps her control that. I am only assuming it is hereditary. I was reading Bamboo Green Tea is drying too on the scalp. I should have done more research before purchasing. I've only read that Tea Tree is good for dry scalp. I don't know about others formals. I think, I might have to return this because 613 seems to be making it worse. I've only used it twice, once I mixed it and last night second rinse I used it on its own.

Super Contributor
On 4/4/2015 Gohar said:

My mom has dry scalp and has far worse dandruff than I do and WEN helps her control that. I am only assuming it is hereditary. I was reading Bamboo Green Tea is drying too on the scalp. I should have done more research before purchasing. I've only read that Tea Tree is good for dry scalp. I don't know about others formals. I think, I might have to return this because 613 seems to be making it worse. I've only used it twice, once I mixed it and last night second rinse I used it on its own.

From what I have read here, Summer Honey Peach and Summer Mango Coconut is very moisturizing. I am waiting for the peach...

Contributor

Thank you so much Crisso. This is a reminder that I need to research more before purchasing, especially when its my first time. I just got a little excited for my own good. Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Try Fig. It works for me. I use Tea Tree as the wash and Fig as the final.

Respected Contributor

You may need a medicated shampoo to first treat your dandruff. Shea Moisture has a shampoo for it and it is free from all those bad things, Tea Tree oil could treat it that you can get from the health food store and/or WEN version, Neutragena has one, and so do others. Consider that first, but if your condition worsens, take Benedryll and stop using all that you are using, then see a doc. Good luck...

Oh another possible treatment is good old SeaBreeze on the scalp after you wash. It kills the fungus/germs that could be causing your dandruff.

Respected Contributor
On 4/4/2015 Gohar said:

Thank you so much Crisso. This is a reminder that I need to research more before purchasing, especially when its my first time. I just got a little excited for my own good. Smiley Very Happy

I would recommend that you try to incorporate the tea tree formula into your routine. This should help with any dandruff that you may have.