Honored Contributor

Get Ready, Gorgeous w/Ali Down to 1-Hr

I noticed in the Program Guide that Get Ready, Gorgeous with Ali is down to only one hour today, starting later, at 8am, and next Tuesday the same.  Perhaps they're phasing out the show.

Not that I'm complaining at all.  I stopped watching it after the first couple of shows after Elise left. I just shop online if I want to check out anything.

Tuesdays are typically beauty days, so it's curious that QVC separated the beauty presentations out of the GRG 2-hour show.  This morning Ali has Hairmax for a full hour at 7am.  Next Tuesday Ali has Mally for the 7am hour. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Get Ready, Gorgeous w/Ali Down to 1-Hr

I think GRG could be retooled into make + fashion whats on trend, etc

with any hosts 

Respected Contributor

Since Elise left, I don't watch much.  Ali gets to me after awhile...something about her voice...If I am needing any beauty items, I check online then watch the video.  Q is getting really old to me and I am so tired of being told I "need "  this or that and I can wear something "so many ways! and to so many places"! 

Saves me some cash I must say!

Honored Contributor

Even i would watch Elise, she was just so darn cute,i thought, i am old 70 ,so not interested in make up at all,but watched to see her.Not since she left.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Contributor

It's funny you said that.........I feel the same way about her voice.  

Honored Contributor

I like Ali, but I think she is trying too hard to sound preppy, and fun and she should just be herself. Maybe she is being herself, I don't know her very well, and maybe that is how she always is....But it doesn't come off as very genuine to me personally..I do listen to the show while getting ready for work still...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss Elise Ivy doing the show.  Not an Ali fan.

Honored Contributor

I miss Elise as well. 

Super Contributor

Shopper, I totally agree!!!

Honored Contributor

I think with a speaking voice like Ali has, being on radio would be more suiting for her. To me her voice sounds 'Alexa-like' if you know what I mean.