Contributor

OMG!  I splurged last weeek and got got a French Gel Manicure.  This is my first gel manicure and after a week of washing dishes, cleaning the bathroom etc, it is still perfect!

I'm sure it won't last though.  Can I put a coat of i.e., Pink Armour on my nails to preserve the white tips or would that make the finish gummy?  Any ideas for me?  I'm bad about wearing gloves to do household chores.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Sherlene

I have been getting a pink and white gels for many years. I always have my tech put the extra gel sealer. I don't wear gloves or do anything special (certainly never a overcoat of nailpolish) and I can go 3 weeks sometimes. It's perfect except for the small amt of growth.

Trusted Contributor

dont think u can put another polish on top of it, since gel polish has to dry under that special light.. i'm not sure if i would try it, you might mess them up... i've had acrylics for about 20 yrs and i get the gel polish all the time, love it and it definetely does last, i just got a french 2 days ago and it looks great, my friend goes every 3 weeks with the gel polish since it lasts and still looks good after the 2 weeks

Respected Contributor

I've been doing my own nails for over 30 years - gel, tips, silk wraps, etc.  You could just use a clear top coat to protect the whole nail, including the white tips!  Good luck!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Super Contributor

I get only gel manicures for my manicure and pedicures.  I don't have a dishwasher, and I wash my hands at work quite often, so the extra cost of a gel manicure is worth it.  I wear gloves when I get my nails done, and the manicure does last 2.5- 3 weeks.

Respected Contributor
I was getting them for a while but my nail beds are very short and grow super fast. So after 10 days they look really overgrown.
Contributor

im a hair stylist and my gels last 3 weeks but i dont have french  love them

Regular Contributor

I get clear gel once a month.  I think clear makes the growing out and chipping stages less noticeable.  Sometimes I want color on them so when I get home I apply a color and top coat over the clear gel.  I find this lasts 5-6 days (which is much longer than when I used to have them just paint my nails).

Respected Contributor

gel is great!  you can't put anything on top of them or it will ruin the whole manicure.

Trusted Contributor

I get a gel manicure once a month w/ a touch up in between visits. I use OPI and it lasts,doesn't chip and always looks like new even though I use my ands as tools! The reason I get a touch up is the nail grows out and the nail bed shows. However,when I was traveling a few months ago I didn't get a touch up and the polish held up just fine.