Respected Contributor

Re: GREAT VIDEO ON AVOIDING AGING MAKEUP

I watched both videos and I  like what Nikol Johnson said about eye shadow on your lid. Matt shadows are dull while a low shimmer brings out the eye and looks so much nicer. I have deep set eyes and the look that Dominique did I  and others with deep set eyes could never wear. It would look like my eye is sunk into my head,but with Nikol said makes more sense. I aways wear s low shimmer on my lid it gives life to my lid brings it out and I put on a taupe  shade on my crease bone not in the crease ( because of my eye shape). Eye shape is everything. If you do not know your eye shape you should found out what it is and follow how to apply makeup for that shape.

Shanus, thanks for posting about this video. Enjoyed watching both.

Super Contributor

@Shanus   Thanks for the posting.  Found it most interesting and liked some ideas she shared and not too fond of others.  I don't "bring down" foundation onto my neck as I would have clothing with makeup rings, but that is just me.  As for the comments of D having work done, well, if I had unlimited funds I'd do sum dat!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   As we know,  one size does not fit all.   I watched the video.  What a gorgeous woman and wonderful to listen to and follow.  Yes there was a huge difference in the two sides she applied.  For me, however,  some of her techniques did not work.  Her eye make up applicatoin made my eyes too muddy and was not a good look for me.  I need that little bit of brightning pop on my lids.  I absolutely use mascara on the bottom lashes and would never apply eyeliner on the top as she does (and I know many do).   I will watch again and some of her other videos, so THANK YOU for the suggestion.  I've never watched these beauty videos as I know many swear by.  Always appreciate your suggestions. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Replies to some posts: No, I don't believe in bringing foundation down the neck. I do however go 1/2 shade darker in summer to look not as ghostly in my Alabaster foundation in winter. 

I also like a bit of shimmer on the lids, but matte in the crease and a bit above for hooded lids.

Too much for a day look? I think that;s a "gimme". She lives in TX and has always had a rather glamorous style, so for her, it's not over the top.

Yes, lash extensions, Botox and fillers, but again, makeup/lifestyle videos are what she does.

No, she's not a makeup artist, but learned a lot having to do her own hair and makeup on a smaller TV station in TX. 

I think her best suggestions were changing blush placement and using a lip liner for definition.

Valued Contributor

I have to say because of watching this video I purchased some Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks and the Darling Easy Eye Palette. The colors look stunning.
Respected Contributor

@Joizz11   I was gonna suggest that you can google dupes for any of the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks. You can find dupes for almost all of the high end lipsticks. Just something to keep in mind... 😊

Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the video very much. I have used face and eye primer for many years and they work well on me. Since watching the tutorial, I have moved blush up higher on my cheekbone and it looks nice. I don't contour, but maybe I'll try it. I also don't tightline on the upper lid as I wear contacts and that would irritate my eyes. I'm trying to do "less is more", especially in the summer heat. Thanks for sharing this video. 😀

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love her eyebrows. I didn't catch the name of that "pen" she used on them? Does anyone know that and the brand of eyelid primer? Thank you

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I love her eyebrows. I didn't catch the name of that "pen" she used on them? Does anyone know that and the brand of eyelid primer? Thank you

872591DD-A42A-4255-96A2-894767DC1362.jpeg
@Judaline   I hope this helps. The eyebrow is NYX and the e/s primer is Urban Decay.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry that picture is blurry.... 😫😫