Honored Contributor

GREAT BEAUTY POINTS ON RMS SHOW

Loving Rose Marie Swift. She's a true artist/teacher. Her pointers on blush, concealer placement were spot on. I also liked her philosophy of not making up every feature, but accentuating your best features only. She also was not keen on mascara on bottom lashes becuase it causes the eyes to look too round. Blush placement "lesson" was perfect. 

If you watched the RMS show, what tips did you pick up and did you purchase anything?

Honored Contributor

Re: GREAT BEAUTY POINTS ON RMS SHOW

[ Edited ]

I love her. I always watch her shows even if I don't buy anything. Her tips are the best and worth every minute of the hour. I look forward to watching her every time she's on.

I was tempted to buy everything but I had to refrain. 

I found her tip about blotting lippies most interesting. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I loved the show as well.  

I found it extremely refreshing that Rose Marie gave her honest expert suggestions, even at the contradiction of Shawn.  I have always thought Shawn put on makeup in a more is more application, which takes away from her pretty face.  Accentuating your best features that you want to accentuate, not color every place on your face with full makeup.  Thank you! I so agree with this for my face anyway.

Also, she suggested her highlighter cream go on your cheek and swoop out & upward, not right under the eye and swoop out and upward.  

I appreciated the tips. .

Respected Contributor

Loved all her tips! Wish she made a good eyeliner, always on the lookout for one of those. I learned that I've been doing it all wrong...since the 80s!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I love her. I always watch her shows even if I don't buy anything. Her tips are the best and worth every minute of the hour. I look forward to watching her every time she's on.

I was tempted to buy everything but I had to refrain. 

I found her tip about blotting lippies most interesting. 

@SilleeMee   Check out her website where her "beauty ambassadors" have demo videos and more tips plus many more products than carried on Q. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks! @Shanus 

Honored Contributor

RMS said she is a huge fan of applying makeup with the fingers rather than applicators, she called it skin to skin application. 

Speaking of Shawn, I couldnt help but laugh when she was raving and raving over RMS eyebrow product, less than an hour later she was raving and raving over a Geller eyebrow product, what a sales woman she is !!

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

Loved all her tips! Wish she made a good eyeliner, always on the lookout for one of those. I learned that I've been doing it all wrong...since the 80s!

@Carolina925   On her site, the videos show the brow powder, which comes with the flat brush used wet as a liner. It also shows how to shape the eye using the brow powder. I see no real powder shadows. All the looks are done w/ the 3 shades of brow powder and/or the Luminizer.  Quite natural looking.

If Shawn had been quiet and let Rose-Marie speak, the hour could have had more of her suggestions. 

Honored Contributor

RMS likes products in little glass pots, since I have long nails I am never a fan of anything in pots, however that does not mean products that come in pots are not good!!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

RMS said she is a huge fan of applying makeup with the fingers rather than applicators, she called it skin to skin application. 

Speaking of Shawn, I couldnt help but laugh when she was raving and raving over RMS eyebrow product, less than an hour later she was raving and raving over a Geller eyebrow product, what a sales woman she is !!

@Shelbelle   Not to me. Anyone who wears that much makeup (and a 60's pale pink lip) is not the one I would ever take makeup hints or advice from.