Occasional Contributor

How does all this freezing and sub-below weather affect makeup  and shampoo,conditioners left at front door.  Does it affect the product in any way?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Freezing Weather and Makeup

[ Edited ]

So far my deliveries have been fine.  I just received a skinn package and it was ok.  Haven't ordered foundation though but did receive some glosses and they weren't frozen.  I rather order in winter then in summer.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You would think the weather would do something, but these products ship to the warehouse in freezing weather too.

Respected Contributor

I know that eventually, shampoo and conditioner will freeze. A few years ago, my luggage and I were seperated for about 3 days while I was traveling during a winter storm. When I got my bag back from the airline. The half full tubes of both were frozen solid. I really didn't notice any difference in the product when I thawed them out and used them. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@mercedes2 wrote:

How does all this freezing and sub-below weather affect makeup  and shampoo,conditioners left at front door.  Does it affect the product in any way?  Thanks!

@mercedes2 Good question. I assume the stabilizers in most products that prevent spoiling, also take care of extreme temps. I worried about that when pkgs. left at door in 95 degree heat, too.

Honored Contributor

I had the same thought last week, when an order of PTR was shipped.  At nearly $160, I didn't want my retinol products being ruined by freezing and I'm in New England (with sub-zero temps at the time).

However, last year I ordered some products from Liz Earle's site during the winter.  They arrived, shipped in a padded mailing envelope and the bottles of Eyebright were indeed frozen solid.  So I called the company to ask and was told that all of their products are put through a cycle of freezing and thawing ten times, to ensure the integrity of the product.  I was amazed they'd even thought of that.

I have to say that, once the products thawed (quite quickly), they were fine.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much for this information.  I know extreme heat probably is very good either but so good to know.

Occasional Contributor

thank you!