Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Bobbi Brown stick foundation

@Fressa   Always my #1 Choice!

Honored Contributor

I've been experimenting with the new IT foundation, both in the regular and oil free versions, and a few others.  For more coverage, these days I like the Kim Gravel, Belle Beauty, Hover Cover. 

Respected Contributor

I like L'Oreal Infallible Fresh Wear 24 hour.  I have dry, sensitive skin.  It's not perfect but I get a perfect color match, and I'm exhausted trying to find a foundation I like.  Some are so tacky and never set (no CC creams for me!).  I recently tried Hourglass and I had to put so much powder on top it was crazy. Same with Lancome, MAC and Clinique.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Nana4x  The best full coverage foundation is supposed to be Estée Lauder Double Wear. High praises from beauty guru Wayne Goss and others. I agree, it is the best on the market. Also, try looking at Catrice foundations, No. 7, and NYX "Can't Stop Won't Stop."  I also have one by Makeup Forever that is fantastic. HTH Smiley Happy

@Mimi 1883   Wayne Goss is correct. Double Wear suits most women and has many shades. I try to talk women out of full coverage foundation in exchange for light to medium and use a concealer in same shade for touching up. Very few women actually need full coverage all over the face. Ears, neck, etc. usually have to match chest, hands or the entire picture looks false. Heavy coverage can be overkill. 

@Shanus  So true to everything you said. Right now, my go to foundations are the Dior Airflash, Catrice, and Makeup Forever. Since purchasing, I've changed to "cruelty free" products, so I won't be repurchasing the items that are not. I like the Hourglass products I have, but haven't tried their foundations yet. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 

ITA - Estee Lauder Double Wear is by far the best full coverage foundation.  Started wearing it in the '80s and haven't looked back.  Lisa Eldridge mentioned in one of her videos that this is her #1.  That's saying a lot coming from her.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@Mimi 1883 

ITA - Estee Lauder Double Wear is by far the best full coverage foundation.  Started wearing it in the '80s and haven't looked back.  Lisa Eldridge mentioned in one of her videos that this is her #1.  That's saying a lot coming from her.

@pommom   Many times, she and other artists cut it 2/3 foundation to 1/3 moisturizer for a more natural look unless it's a special occasion. You'll begin to see less full coverage foundations in the market as skincare becomes the focus. 

Valued Contributor

I have been using EL Double Wear for about three years now and it is my favorite.  I rotate between other foundations but DW is the one I use most and always for special occasions.  I am 63 and use it just where I need it which is mostly the center of my face.  I do not apply any around my mouth or the sides of my face.  My t zone is oily and the DW holds up throughout the day.  I apply it sparingly and it does not look heavy or cakey.

Valued Contributor

Kevyn Aucoin balm foundation is the best for my complexion.Another good one with full coverage is Dermablend in the round jar.

Honored Contributor

That's a loaded question.   There are so many.  Bobbi Brown offers several, Estee Lauder, Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel, Dior.  Take your pick or better yet go to your local Sephora and try out several different brands.  Some offer better choices in shades and undertones and also finishes.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@Mimi 1883 

@pommom  I've never watched Lisa Eldridge, but will take a look. I do subscribe to Mel Thompson (amazing) and Mrs Melissa M (a really sweet lady.) I truly love the Makeup Forever Blurring Powder Foundation. 

F/N/A luvstogarden