Esteemed Contributor

I like Bobbi Brown's foundation stick. It gives you coverage but it looks like your skin. Great results for me. 

Honored Contributor

@CGR,   Check out Rhiana's new foundation and makeup line at Sephora.  She has so many shades (different undertones) and the price is reasonable.  Next time I am in Sephora, I will check out myself.  One thing I say, stay away from mineral makeup and any powder foundation.  One more thing, I bought the Pop Sonic Leaflet from QVC and it has made an immense difference in my skin and I am in my mid 60's.  It glows.  The first 2 days I used it, it cleaned out my pores and then settle in to normal.  It is  the best investments I have made in a beauty product.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Contributor
Thanks for all your help!! Time to try a few. Will let you know. Thanks again!!
Respected Contributor

@CGR wrote:
Good morning all!! Really need some help regarding foundation. Looking for sheer to medium coverage that lasts and doesn’t change color. But most importantly one that doesn’t settle into lines & wrinkles to make me look older than i’m starting to feel!!!! As always your advice is the best!! Thanks

Chanel . Aqua lumière 

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck!   What works for me may not work for you, but I agree that makeup primers can work miracles.  Some are better than others and you may need to experiment with a few.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

My advice is to go to Sephora since they carry so many brands and the SA won't try to push one certain brand. Your skin can be assessed as to your needs. What works for one person may not work for another. Trying to buy foundation off of the shopping channels is a little difficult. Showing models faces doesn't give an accurate picture of what will work for you. Hope that your head isn't spinning from all of the suggestions that were given to you. Wishing you much luck.

Honored Contributor

Agree with those who suggested to head to Sephora and/or Ulta for foundation advice. 

Lighting changes how it looks in stores vs. natural sunlight too so request samples of the liquid ones if possible to take home.

I received a sample of Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector and tried the Light sample pod to my face without primer. 

It must contain some primer ingredients in it as it didn’t settle into my fine lines. It just evened out my skin tones the way a foundation does. I didn’t even need concealer for some broken capillaries either. Plus it contains sun screen of 20 SPF in case you are outdoors. Try to bring a sample of that home to try.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I agree, hard to find a good foundation. The only one that I like, feels good but doesn't have super coverage is Bare Escentuals original powder. IT makes me feel like I am in a sick-face mask. Liquids grease me up. I have one in a small jar that chnages colour to match my tone, and works well (can't recall name). but it was a clearance and I can't find it anymore. Why can't we all be born with flawless skin?

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I like Bobbi Brown's foundation stick. It gives you coverage but it looks like your skin. Great results for me. 

@Fressa  ITA. I’ve been using B.B. Foundation Stick for 20 years...buildable coverage, natural look on skin and good for dry or normal complexions....great range of shades.