Contributor
Good morning all!! Really need some help regarding foundation. Looking for sheer to medium coverage that lasts and doesn’t change color. But most importantly one that doesn’t settle into lines & wrinkles to make me look older than i’m starting to feel!!!! As always your advice is the best!! Thanks
Honored Contributor

It is best to go to a place like Sephora or Ulta where you can be matched with many many different foundations

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@CGR wrote:
Good morning all!! Really need some help regarding foundation. Looking for sheer to medium coverage that lasts and doesn’t change color. But most importantly one that doesn’t settle into lines & wrinkles to make me look older than i’m starting to feel!!!! As always your advice is the best!! Thanks

@CGR

I am having the same issues as you!  But I need more coverage.  I think the super CC cream from  Physicians Formua is really nice.  Also, there are quite a number of Cover Girl foundations that are geared to more mature skin.  I've tried several and they are very nice.  The coverage is probably about what you are looking for.  Cover Girl also has a BB cream that feels very light on the skin.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Always use  primer! It will create a barrier to help prevent most foundations from settling into your moisturizer.

If you don't like using a primer, then try a setting spray. This will also help keep  your foundation looking fresh. Setting sprays like this one by MILANI is multifunctional. It helps preserve the color of your foundation so it  doesn't change color. Use this spray UNDER your foundation as a primer and AFTER you apply your foundation to set it.

So whichever foundation you choose, it's the extra steps you take before and after application that will make it nicer.Woman Wink

Milani Make It Last Setting Spray-Prime + Correct + Set - $10 

73430196-8a55-47e0-baf6-e498f2374286_2.ae297f53622f8ffdb12b1dfa03633349.jpeg

Here's a tip about this Milani spray...the sprayer on this bottle is not a good one so what I do is pour it into another fine-mist spray bottle and it works much better this way.

Honored Contributor

First, I would make sure I'm doing all I could skincare wise.  If you can honestly say you've done that, sooner or later we have to be realistic in what we can expect our cosmetics to do.  

When it comes to makeup/foundation, I would also recommend using a primer beforehand.  Some people think they're all hype and you can apply your foundation before your moisturizer is dry and get the same benefit.  This would be something you can experiment with.

I've been using BB/CC creams for a couple of years but recently returned to a liquid foundation I used years ago and have been wearing that sometimes.  It has a sheer coverage but it's also buildable.  It's a private label brand from Southern Magnolia Minerals.  If you go to her site, you can order samples to test from her wide range of foundations and other products.  Her products are as organic as possible, cruelty free, and made in America.  She also ships for free.

Honored Contributor

I would say first make sure you are exfolliating regularly.  A primer of some sort helps and for me the best I found is SKINN  Orchid Gel.  The best lasting, sheer coverage for me is Perricone No Foundation Foundation (it's also skin care)- the regular one and not the serum which is heavier.  Like I've posted before since using this I have received so many complimets on my skin and not makeup. 

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love, love, love Tarte BB Cream. They do sell it here on QVC with a brush or you can buy it from Sephora or Tarte's website and I'm sure other places as well.

I was matched into this at Sephora about a year ago. When they told me one of the "foundation" their system picked was a BB cream, I almost didn't try it because I've never been fond of BB creams in the past.  I'm so glad I took the plunge.

I have gone through several tubes of this which is unusual for me. Generally I finish a foundation up and move on to trying something else.  

Respected Contributor

I may be the one oddball here.  I've tried multiple primers over the years and they make my face look worse.  Does the opposite of what is it supposed to do.  Seems to accentuate lines and many give me some sort of skin irritation.  I am almost 60.

I use Bare Essentials Complexion Rescue.  Love it !  

Honored Contributor

I'll give you the same advice I give everyone.   Go to the Clinique counter at your local department store.    I use Belk.    180 day return policy, no questions asked.

I'm using Superbalanced Silk Foundation.   I don't have skin issues so I only wear foundation to even out my skin tone.    It's not a full coverage.   But Clinique has every possible foundation you could need, for every skin type, age, coverage, etc.   Great skin care items & makeup as well.

Like another poster mentioned, go where you can try different foundations & colors.

@CGR wrote:

Respected Contributor

Dior Airflash applied with a Beauty Blender sponge gives a GORGEOUS finish. I've never (& wouldn't) spray this directly on my face. It doesn't turn color, or settle in lines, & can be applied sheer to medium coverage.