Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation lovers - fess up!

I use only one foundation at a time. Right now, it's Lancome's new stick, which I love. But I did buy a backup during the Macys 20 percent off sale because I think applying the stick directly to my face (and then blending) might just shorten its life a bit.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I use only one foundation at a time. Right now, it's Lancome's new stick, which I love. But I did buy a backup during the Macys 20 percent off sale because I think applying the stick directly to my face (and then blending) might just shorten its life a bit.

That's really the right way to do it!  I want to be just like you when I grow up.

Honored Contributor

I have makeup 5 to 8 years old.  I rarely throw anything out.....if a lipstick smells rancid I will throw it away, but, otherwise I keep it. I have survived this long....guess it will not kill you.

Trusted Contributor

I have a couple open - 2 BB's, 1 CC and one IT powder.  I'm still looking for my HG foundation.  So far the BB's seem to work best for me.  My problem (addiction) is skincare for face and body.  I could open my own store!

Honored Contributor

I really don't keep multiple foundations going.  I use one until it's gone and then either buy the same one or switch to something different.

Right now I have 2 open because I bought one that makes my skin break out if I use it too many days in a row.  So I am switching back and forth between 2 but that is out of the ordinary for me.

I keep all of my make-up until it gets funky. 

Honored Contributor

I have several foundations in use.  I rarely toss any until they are empty.  If I noticed a rancid smell or if they seemed to "go bad" then I would toss them.  I am particular about tossing a mascara after 3 months.  

Honored Contributor

I have 3 foundations going--one is a powder and 2 are liquid.  I toss after a few years as I get "bored" with them.

I have a bit of a "makeup and skincare problem", and I , too, could open my own mini Sephora.  I always want something new, but I'm that way with shoes and boots too, LOL!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I'm the lightest olive possible, ashe blonde hair and dark green eyes.  Finding the right color makeup has always been painful!

I finally found Clinique's Repair Wear Anti Ageing Totally Neutral) Shade 3 and matching loose powder!  

Perfection finally!  I'll never leave.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your replies, ladies.  Good to know that I'm not the only one.

I always wondered about those expiration dates...

To those who use one or two at a time, my compliments for doing it right and avoiding the "problem"