Regular Contributor

I'm looking for a lightweight foundation for my over 60 skin. I have tried many tinted moisturizers but am not really a fan. My skin is fairly normal so I just looking for something that covers but doesn't suffocate my skin if you know what I mean 

thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I highly recommend LauraGeller's Balance N Brighten. I'm 68 and I don't need a full coverage foundation. This gives me just enough coverage and doesn't look powdery or chalky. Feels like my skin.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion but I did try it and felt it looked somewhat flat on my complexion. 

Respected Contributor

I can't believe I am posting this as I like a medium covering foundation and in my opinion it is not, it is more sheer.........I was very impressed with the Tarte tinted serum. I have tried many, many foundations as I am very hard to match, this is the exact color I need. While I like a little more coverage I am impressed. I am comparing it to a very high end foundation and I like this better. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Foundation help

[ Edited ]

I also hate that glowy look!

Trusted Contributor

@Janey2  I have ordered this and have not yet received it, anxious to check it out.  Your post is encouraging that I will like it.  I actually prefer a sheerer coverage and am hopeful I will like it.  I was hesitant about the shade but read that this particular Tarte foundation skewed a little lighter than their others. 
How did you feel about the shade choice you made?

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed @The shade I chose was exactly what I have been looking for for years. I could not believe the match. 

Trusted Contributor

I am 71 with normal skin and only need to even out my complexion. I use Clinique Even Better spf 25 foundation. It covers beautifully and is very lightweight. I have been using it for years. It is fragrance free. You only need a drop to cover everything. 

I think QVC has it on sale now but I think that it is a good idea to be color matched as there are many shades to choose from. 

Respected Contributor

@jobiz , I also have a couple of tinted moisturizers, I'm not fond of.   As for foundation...right now, I'm alternating with Revlon,  and Loreal Infallible liquid.     They are different, Revlon super easy to apply, very tiny bit is enough, nice, natural finish...its the Illumanence one.  Not shiny at all, just a natural sheen, like your skin. 

Loreal Infallible spf 20, is a bit more matte, but again, a tiny bit is enough.   I also have Infallible stick...if you want something light, you sturely can control by just swiping the stick where you need it, and blend out. I like the beauty blender sponges from Ulta brand. 

Huge shade selection in the liquids I mentioned. 

Shiseido makes nice foundations too, if you can get to a counter and sample some, that might help.

Personally, I don't like powder foundations...just me, and my skin .  I'm very fair, cool, normal, some visible pores on the T zone...so liquids look best on me, and I don't like how powders settle on my skin...some separate, some look chalky.   I do use a loose finishing powder afterwards on my t zone, sets my makeup. 

Trusted Contributor

@Janey2  Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my question.  Had you ever tried Tarte foundations before and if so, was the shade you went with read the same as that same Tarte foundation shade beforevor was it a bit lighter?