Valued Contributor

Yes. I think it's worth it. However, I will always resort to my fingers. Always. It's just the way I've always done it. However, I purchased a MAC foundation about 1.5 years ago and along with it I also purchased the fan brush for application. I have to say that the brush really makes a difference. And as someone who doesn't use liquid foundation often, it's worth it just for those times that you want more coverage. I think it's nice to have good brushes in your stash and use them when you need them.

Super Contributor

In my opinion, IT Cosmetics has the best brushes on the market. Great quality (though a bit less so, as of late--such a shame!) and work tremendously. Your best best would be to get a set; they're such a great value that way, since most of their brushes are $48 a piece. They're so soft and plush and they rarely shed; again, great quality. Definitely worth the investment!

Super Contributor

I use brushes since I try to keep my hands off of my face (I have acne prone skin and don't want the natural oils from my hands transferred to my face), and I feel like brushes apply product more easily and evenly. I wash my brushes once a week. If you only have a few brushes and want to use the same brushes to apply different products, you'll have to wash them more frequently. You can also wipe them off after each use with some paper towel. That may be sufficient enough to get you through between washes.

Valued Contributor
If you really want one, start with EcoTools. I prefer a foundation brush, but I have skin that irritates from the rubbing action of a sponge, even with a light touch. I have several; first time I bought one was for cream blush application.
Esteemed Contributor

For me, my foundation looks smoother and more even using a brush. I also highly recommend IT brushes. I have 2 of their double-ended brushes - the large end for foundation, and the small end for concealer around the eyes and nose.

I wash my brushes every time I use them. It's not a drag - it's just sanitary.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor
I was using the real techniques stipple brush, which I really liked and dries fairly quickly (i use brush guards and dry upside down in a cup). I just got the it cosmetics velvet luxe lbd foundation brush, and boy it is fantastic. It does take longer to dry b/c the bristles are super dense, but the results are far superior, IMO, for liquids.