Valued Contributor

Re: Foundation Shade Comparisons

None of those shades match your skin, if you don't mind my saying so -

The first one nearest your thumb is the best match -

However, they are all too yellow, and your undertone is pink, so I would go with foundation with a 'pink undertone'.

Nothing makes a woman look worse than a dark shade of foundation - lighter is always best, and also more youthful!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   I'm somewhere between cool and neutral, but prefer neutral which has a bit of yellow to cut the pink and gives me a "blank canvas".  I add my color of choice....cool or warm.

Honored Contributor

There are times when I like two shades of foundation. I usually like the center of my face to be a bit lighter...a natural highlight that way.

Honored Contributor

@Ronettes wrote:

However, they are all too yellow, and your undertone is pink, so I would go with foundation with a 'pink undertone'.

Nothing makes a woman look worse than a dark shade of foundation - lighter is always best, and also more youthful!

@Ronettes All of these shades are considered Neutral per their manufacturers.  I've been wearing the Nars shade for a few years now and I think it looks fine.  I've posted several pics here, either partial face on this forum or even full face over in the Outfit of the Day thread.  In fact, I think I showed a side by side of the Nars and Fenty in another thread in this forum recently.  If I decide to keep using the Armani, I would probably go with 4.75 which is considered Light Pink rather than this 5 which is considered Light Neutral, but I wore it today and I think it was fine. 

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Ronettes wrote:

@Ronettes All of these shades are considered Neutral per their manufacturers.  I've been wearing the Nars shade for a few years now and I think it looks fine.  I've posted several pics here, either partial face on this forum or even full face over in the Outfit of the Day thread.  In fact, I think I showed a side by side of the Nars and Fenty in another thread in this forum recently.  If I decide to keep using the Armani, I would probably go with 4.75 which is considered Light Pink rather than this 5 which is considered Light Neutral, but I wore it today and I think it was fine. 

Probably the color I am seeing may not be the exact shade, all these computers / phones show different colors.

But many people don't realize that foundations come in so many shades of warm / cool and with undertones of yellow / pink.  

Important to have the proper shade that lights up the face!