Valued Contributor

Re: For your color eyes, what color eye shadow do you like?

For me, when I wear a full face of makeup, I'm usually in a hurry.  I wear long wearing waterproof eye liner in taupe or dark brown regardless of what color clothes I'm wearing.  I apply my liner and before it dries, I smudge it over my lid for a light shadow look. I then use my liner again to fill in any gaps.

I do have colored shadows and although I bought them to use, I never do. I always seem to use my shortcut method. 

Honored Contributor

Haven't thought about eye shadow since I retired 10 years ago!  

Respected Contributor

@Natureluvr wrote:
I have green eyes and always wear colors that compliment them no matter what I wear. My favs are shades of purple or bronze.

@Natureluvr  I do the same thing with my green eyes Smiley Happy! I'll do a bronzy smokey eye look or a smokey plum look.  Good times! Have you tried the Too Faced Born This Way The Natural Nudes palette? It has the best of both worlds with bronzes and purpley bronzes  Smiley Happy.   

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I do. If I have a shirt on and I have eyeshadows that could coordinate I will. I have this pretty yellow and green floral shirt I got from qvc and I keep thinking how pretty the yucca pallet may look with the shirt. Especially since I have brown eyes. Going to get it next month. I have been wanting to try Natasha demona pallets for a long time.
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Have brown eyes here, dark, and I like a lavendar.  Wear some blue, light, some light green and that's about it.

Do you match eyeshadow to outfit?

I also have dark brown eyes and wear lavender, smokey greens and my favorite is grays. I love eyeshadow and have dozens of palettes. Woman Wink 

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

This is an excellent eyeshadow palette. It has made it through two major declutters. I also bought one for my granddaughter last year on her birthday.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SportyShorty07 

This is an excellent eyeshadow palette. It has made it through two major declutters. I also bought one for my granddaughter last year on her birthday.

@monicakm  It's such a great eye shadow palette and I got it at a great deal for $25 on an Ulta Beauty event! I bet you create so many great eyeshadow looks with the Too Faced Natural Nudes palette and it is such a great gift to give your granddaughter Smiley HappyHeart

Valued Contributor

I generally do my make up prior to dressing. I have blue eyes and silver/blonde hair so I generally wear a neutral colored shadow, though on occasion, I wear soft mauve/plum.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Knew I could  count on you to comment here.  Thinking of doing a charcoal eye liner.  What one do you use?  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@Natureluvr wrote:
I have green eyes and always wear colors that compliment them no matter what I wear. My favs are shades of purple or bronze.

@Natureluvr  I do the same thing with my green eyes Smiley Happy! I'll do a bronzy smokey eye look or a smokey plum look.  Good times! Have you tried the Too Faced Born This Way The Natural Nudes palette? It has the best of both worlds with bronzes and purpley bronzes  Smiley Happy.   

Ohhhhh something new to check on, thanks!