Trusted Contributor

First off I know this is Beauty but there are way more people on this board and I need help fast... clock is ticking !

I need to get my MIL a fit bit (like ) tracker with heart moniter .  She really does not need all the  other bells and whistles ~ does anyone know of a brand that has just counts steps and moniters heart raate?

Respected Contributor

I have a fit bit 1 that I wear attached to my bra. I don't want to wear a tracker on my wrist. I would rather wear a nice watch and a bracelet. I am not sure if the 1 monitors heart rate, but I like it. I charge it once per week. My advice is buy one that is rechargeable. My first fitbit was not rechargeable and it was not that great. 

Super Contributor

@CoastalGal

I have the Fitbit 2 and it came with an extra band.  It tracks steps and heart rate and shows resting heart rate.  Plus it even tracks sleep (along with heart rate) to let you know how long and well you are sleeping, restless or awake during the night.  It does much more too.

Respected Contributor

I am on my second Fitbit and I am 68  years of age. This one is Charge HR. It tracks steps, heart rate, floors (which is the hills that you climb or steps in the house), calories, burned, miles and also tracks your sleep. With the Charge HR you can also monitor your activity with a bike, elliptical, weights, workouts, intervals or running. I love mine and absolutely obsessed with it. Living in a hilly terrain, I easily can do 60 floors a day because I do two walks a day. Once it is set up, it's very easy to use. Really nothing to it. Hope that I answered some of your questions.

Super Contributor

I have enjoyed a fitbit flex for many years.  

The fitbit website is a good place to see all of the current models and their features.  You will be able to find the fitbit that does what you want without a lot of things that you don't want.

Respected Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I have a fit bit 1 that I wear attached to my bra. I don't want to wear a tracker on my wrist. I would rather wear a nice watch and a bracelet. I am not sure if the 1 monitors heart rate, but I like it. I charge it once per week. My advice is buy one that is rechargeable. My first fitbit was not rechargeable and it was not that great. 

@conlt I own the same Fitbit One model for the same reasons. I love it! I was disappointed to see they have discontinued this model! 

Respected Contributor

Garmin has several and even the lower end ones can be used in water.  

Valued Contributor

@conlt wrote:

ITA with the first part of this.  I wear the Fitbit 'zip' that clips on to my bra.  It does not measure heart rate but gets steps and distance, it is the cheapest one they have and you don't have to wear a big clunky ugly thing around your wrist. 

Must disagree about the rechargable--my zip just uses a button battery and it is SO nice to not have to constantly recharge it.  I just change the button battery once every 2 months or so.  The batteries are dirt cheap on amazon.

Valued Contributor

oh no, so sorry to hear this model has been discontinued.  Wish I could still  find one someplace.  Any suggestions?