Honored Contributor

Recently - two of my fingernails (one on each hand) have been a bit brittle and snagging my knits.  

I saw an ad on Facebook for this and ordered it from Amazon.  It came the other day.  After only a couple of days, I see quite an improvement.  Not cured yet - but a lot better than they were.  

Valued Contributor
I'm glad you found something that is working for you. Thank you for sharing and good luck!
Trusted Contributor

I used to use something similar when I stopped biting my nails years ago and needed to get them back to normal.  It was called Brielle and it was originally created for horses' hooves.  It worked great!  I'm glad you found this one and it's working. 

Trusted Contributor

I had purchased but the scent bothered me and eyes, so dumped it.

Trusted Contributor
@ALRATIBA - Thanks for the recommendation!

@Tori3569 - I remember Brielle! I used it on my nails and it definitely helped.
Honored Contributor

@Fifi1 

You are probably more sensitive than I am.  I can barely smell anything even when I bring the jar up close to my nose.

--------------------------

@Fifi1 wrote:

I had purchased but the scent bothered me and eyes, so dumped it.

Regular Contributor

@Fifi1 I have to agree with you - I greatly dislike the smell.  To me it smells like a very artificial coconut scent- and I'm not a fan of coconut scent.  That being said, I do try to use it once a day because my nails are showing some improvement with it.  Just wish they made it unscented.  

Respected Contributor

I also stopped using Hard as Hoof because of the weird unpleasant smell. Used a whole jar and it did improve my nails   However I switched to a nail oil that is helping and has a better scent

Harmonize the World with Barbershop Music
Valued Contributor

I've used this for a couple of years it helps my nails  not to split . And has made them stronger. The smell doesn't bother me.  I buy a couple at a time at Walmart.