Respected Contributor

I noticed a model today whose feet looked older, drier, and more wrinkled than the other two models. Yesterday an older host on another network was modeling a thong style shoe. Her feet revealed her age even though her hands and face had been carefully maintained and looked much younger than her calendar years.

Don't forget to put foot care in your daily skin care regimen especially if you like sandals and flip flops. I am talking about year-round care not just a little buffing and lotion in the summer. This is particularly difficult to do in those long, cold winter months. Many companies like L'Occitane, Bliss, etc. offer specific foot care regimes. All the time, money, and energy spent taking care of face, neck, and hands may be betrayed by the feet.

Trusted Contributor

As a person who had hands and feet that looked much older at a younger age, I just want to add that there is a difference in them looking "older" and looking uncared for.

I just have older looking hands and feet because of things I can't do anything about.  The shape, maybe?  The veins, the thinner skin.

I can take the most meticulous care of them, with manicures, pedicures, creams and lotions, exfoliating, you name it.  They would still look old.

Other parts of me ( I was told, anyway) looked a lot younger than my age, so I guess it was just the hand I was dealt in the genetics game.

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

I noticed a model today whose feet looked older, drier, and more wrinkled than the other two models. Yesterday an older host on another network was modeling a thong style shoe. Her feet revealed her age even though her hands and face had been carefully maintained and looked much younger than her calendar years.

Don't forget to put foot care in your daily skin care regimen especially if you like sandals and flip flops. I am talking about year-round care not just a little buffing and lotion in the summer. This is particularly difficult to do in those long, cold winter months. Many companies like L'Occitane, Bliss, etc. offer specific foot care regimes. All the time, money, and energy spent taking care of face, neck, and hands may be betrayed by the feet.

So, how old is she? 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Re: Feet Show Age

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@On It wrote:

So, how old is she? 

Well up there in years. Far above the average hosts. I don't want to provide a name or age so this post doesn't get taken down. I told my husband her age and he could not believe she was that age. He is the one who noticed her feet and pointed out that they looked that age but not her hands.

Esteemed Contributor

If everything else looks good I'd rather have old looking feet.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

If everything else looks good I'd rather have old looking feet.

I agree that is the first area I would sacrifice. However, my point was it doesn't have to be a problem area. Just take good care of feet like you would face and hands. Then everything will match.

Honored Contributor

I have had thin, bony feet and hands......FOREVER.   People would take my hand and say, "Oh you poor thing".......since I was 20.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have had thin, bony feet and hands......FOREVER.   People would take my hand and say, "Oh you poor thing".......since I was 20.

They are the ones with the problem.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand the criticism. We as women are under a lot of pressure to have perfect hair,skin,body shape etc. Whereas men seem to get a pass.

I think the worst thing we can do is judge eachother.I'm sure the older model you speak of is beautiful.By the way we also need to stop judging ourselves.We look better than we give ourselves credit for.

Respected Contributor

I just never really look at people's feet.  I would never have any idea if someone's feet looked "old".  I no longer watch QVC so I am not familiar with the models.  

I keep my own feet lotioned as I have had painful dry heels in the past.  I also wear toenail polish as I like to wear sandals for as long as it is warm enough.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward