Contributor

Fantastic Dupe for Laura Geller City Lights Gloss

I absolutely love LG's lip gloss in "city lights". It is the most perfect clear gloss with shimmer(not too much but it really is pretty) that can be used over top of other colors (she teams it in the "tropic lip set") or it is gorgeous alone. That is how I usually wear it because I usually have a smokey eye look so I pare down the lip color. I don't want nude, but my natural color with this gloss is gorgeous. Well I can never justify ordering a 15.00 lip gloss where the shipping is almost 1/3 the cost of the item at 4.72. Needless to say I have been without it for a while. I loved it so much that I used a very sharp pair of shears and cut the tup open to get the las remnants out. I am nuts, I know. But I found a solution........NYC cheapo make up has come a long way and I found a gloss called "Kiss Gloss" NYC that is a great dupe for it...it is #528 and the name is believe it or not "5th ave Frosting", kinda like "city lights". It looks kinda white frosty in the tube but it goes on clear with a lovely shimmer. I guess the amount you apply could give a "whiter look" but I have fallen in love with it with a 2.79 cost with my Rite Aid card.

One thing: LG's version has a very definate gold sparkle in it. This one is not gold, but the shimmer is light and beautiful and just the right touch without it being another clear gloss that looks like vaseline and money wasted......just thought I would share it in case anyone likes that color from Laura's line and like me thinks the shipping is insane!!!!!!!!

Amy