Valued Contributor

Re: Fade Age Spots

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@seehorse wrote:

Hi Kachina,

Glad this is working for you (and thanks for the info!).

$10.99 on Alpha Skin Care website:  Neotericcosmetics.com

They also have sales from time to time.. Sign up for emails.

Hope this is helpful.

@seehorse   That's where I got mine during their Christmas sale but I could swear it was $13+.

Is this it?

I copied from the website:

Dual Action Skin Lightener with 2% Hydroquinone & 10% AHA 0.85 oz.

$10.99

Maybe they had a price reduction? I didn't see any sale info.

Honored Contributor

@seehorse.  It's exactly the same product.  I got an email notice about their sale.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The reviews on their site are mixed but at that price it's worth a try. Seems like every blessed day another hand or arm brown spot shows up. Not to mention one on each cheek that have been there for years (too many hours spent laying in the hot Aruban sun) on which nothing seems to work. Might order this on your recommendation.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624Thanks for the review.  I always must use some kind of lightening product in my skincare upkeep in order to combat hyperpigmentation.  While this problem is greatly reduced for me in recent years due to better sunscreens and regular skincare treatment products, my skin is still prone to develop dark spots.  The one I have been using is rather expensive, so I would be ready to switch to one which is effective and less expensive.

Honored Contributor

Hydroquinone is stil lthe gold standard in the US for skin fading, derms still prescribing 4%. For the backs of the hands you can also have a derm doc laser the spots off, my coworker had her hands done and they look amazing now.

Honored Contributor

Today I heard a commercial on TV for a new Gold Bond product that removes dark spots.  That's another possibility.

Occasional Contributor

Do you know if you have to continue using the product, or the spot returns?  Or can you use it to fade the spot and then stop using it?

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the rec @Kachina624. I may try it. I'm glad it's working for you. I have a few spots on my arms and hands and I hate them. Especially the ones on my hands.

Super Contributor
I rub a cut lemon on my hands almost every day. Totally faded the age spots. I use lemon juice in a daily smoothie. After I squeeze the juice from the lemon to make the smoothie, I rub the lemon on my hands. It's a low cost solution!
Honored Contributor

@My3Girls.  Yes, I'm sure you do need to continue using it since you're just bleaching out the dark spots.  They would eventually return.