Honored Contributor

Re: Facial Cleansers - Do you stick to one or do you have a variety you use?

Thanks, everybody, for taking the time to read and post!  So much fun to read what you like and also giving product recommendations!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Thanks for that info...maybe they changed the formula....can't leave well enough alone!

I'll buy ONE bar to try....if I can find it. Our local Walmart has a TINY selection of bar soap..guess everyone has moved to liquid soap today!!!

I use Philosophy and Beekman in the shower, have for years ( the Beekman, anyway) I sure hope it isn't one of those two causing it because I really like them, and I've bought sets that have mulitple bottles that will take decades to use up!!!

The rash is mostly on my upper arms and face. So I'd think if it WAS the bath or laundry soap my whole body would be affected...after all, the sheets touch my skin, and my legs and lower arms are fine.

Shirt sleeves and eyeglasses, where they contact the skin, seem to be the problem. Guess that's why the Dr. calls is "contact dermatitis"!!!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

The Paula's Choice cleanser CAN be used as a single cleanser.  All of her cleansers are designed to "do it all".  I have used it to remove my make-up and cleanse my skin in one step when I'm in a hurry.  However, I am a fan of the double-cleanse at night.  I get my make-up out of the way first, so that my second cleanse can focus on my skin without having to do the double-duty of removing my  make-up, too.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  Yes, Tatcha Rice Polish is Gentle. Just wet your face, pour a small amount in your balm & add water. Then, imulsify it into a creamy lather & apply to the face for only 20 ish seconds.

No harsh beads to cause irritation at all. I do not take it off with a cloth but only rinse it off with water & my hands. HTH. Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Not @Kabella  but to me the Gentle Rice Polish is gentle.  I don't have sensitive skin tho.  They make another one that IS for sensitive skin.

The Rice Polish: Calming

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen 

If you want bar soap, try maybe Basis, CeraVe, or Cetaphil.  All are pretty gentle.  

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Thank you.  I try to do as few steps as possible!  

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  Yes, Tatcha Rice Polish is Gentle. Just wet your face, pour a small amount in your balm & add water. Then, imulsify it into a creamy lather & apply to the face for only 20 ish seconds.

No harsh beads to cause irritation at all. I do not take it off with a cloth but only rinse it off with water & my hands. HTH. Have a good day!

@Kabella 

Thank you -- sounds nice! 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

Not @Kabella  but to me the Gentle Rice Polish is gentle.  I don't have sensitive skin tho.  They make another one that IS for sensitive skin.

The Rice Polish: Calming

@monicakm 

Thanks for the picture and info!