Contributor
Hey girls! I saw the facial flex thread and was on my way to order one when I stumbled upon the site called facercise. I checked out "Ultimate Facercise" by Carole Maggio from my library and started the exercises a little over a week ago. Unless it's my imagination, I feel like my face already looks more perky and vibrant. I work out vigorously 5 days a week and believe in the idea behind exercising your facial muscles. It makes good sense to me. Just wanted to recommend the book and suggest it as an alternative or addition to the facial flex!
Honored Contributor

describe a couple facial exercises. I am game. I do the Lion's yoga facial exercise.

Contributor
A couple of them are on YouTube. One is called the lip plumper: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o1mxFEP6NRA Another one is for the jaw: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UL7y8SimDLA If you concentrate, use good posture and form, you actually get a burn. I'm impressed with these! She has 13 exercises in her book that you do twice a day. I'm thinking about ordering the DVD to make sure I'm using correct form.
Super Contributor

Carole's Facercise has been around for many years. I do believe that exercising muscles in face and neck can prevent some of the droop and sagging that comes with age, even if it's different how facial muscles and skin connect on your face and neck than on the rest of your body. Your skin is a living organ so I believe stimulation like tapping and light massage are good for it, even on your face. I've been doing some of her face and neck exercises daily for a couple years and I think they do help.

You should check out her No Lipo Lipo for slimming down and elminating body fat. It combined body brushing and knuckle massage. It's not easy and just like everything you have to do it and keep doing it...but it does work. They offer it in various salons all over the country for big bucks.

Super Contributor

Is this a new book by Carole or the original? I have a book by her somewhere. I also have a Ten Minute Facelift book which is based on accupressure & has recipes for scrubs, masks, individual programs for specific skin types & is very informative & easy to do.

Think I'll go look for Carole's book lol. Thanks for reminding me about her program.