Honored Contributor

Re: FIRST MAKEUP CLIENT TODAY!!! 😳

[ Edited ]

Hi @AngelPuppy1 . Thanks for asking. It was a lot of fun for both of us. Luckily, her foundation/concealer just needed to be tweaked by lightening up the coverage. I tweezed her brows a bit (underneath only) to open her eyes & give her a more awake look. Big difference!

I used a med. cool tone taupe shadow for brows & clear gel to set. Next the new Natasha Denona Glam shadow palette and navy tightline. NARS "O" Multiples (cream blush), Monsieur Big (Lancôme) mascara (hers, she brought with her) & finished with BB lip liner in Ballet Pink, lined and filled in with clear gloss. 

It was a wonderful session. She enjoyed some new techniques and we practiced her new tightlining skills...had never done it before, but loved it. I removed makeup from one eye so she could practice several times and then did the eye makeup again to match.

I showed her the triple liner look for when she wanted a more special look: fill in between the lashes with black, navy in the top waterline so you can't see any line of "flesh" & then a very thin pencil liner on top downward into the lashes and smudging that line w/ brush. The lashes are surrounded by liner, eyes look defined, but not overdone. 

OK, Ladies. Ya'll had a free makeup lesson by Shanus. Lol

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  - sounds like you both did have a nice time and your client picked up some great tips.  I bet she tells her friends about you and more clients in the future.  What a wonderful service you provide.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

See the source image

PS!  You DOOOOO have awesome eyebrows!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  Thanks.  I hope the word spreads, but so are cases in NC. I may be out of business again. We'll just have to see. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Did you enjoy your session????🙂

Valued Contributor

@Shanus thanks for the mini eye lining class! If I was in NC if book a makeup editing session and lesson in a heartbeat. And @Sooner your Trish session sounded wonderful, I always liked the Trish “look”, polished but still “you”.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I'm so glad that you both had a wonderful day!  I'm sure you really made her day.  The techniques and makeup you were using sounded so amazing, I was trying to visualize it in in my mind.  People will be telling her how great she looks and then she will tell them about you!  Maybe some day I will be lucky enough to find a good makeup artist, too.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 @Fluke67 @ECBG  Thanks Ladies for the compliments. Of course, I enjoyed the session, but not as much as my client. She was planning on meeting some girlfriends for drinks 🍷 & had arranged the makeup session so they all could see the results. What's better than envy? Lol.

At first, she said, "Do my eyes like yours". I never do that. Firstly, mine are green, hers brown. Secondly, mine not the same shape, a rounded almond, and hers more oval and slightly hooded at the outer upper lid. Entirely different techniques necessary. Of course, I could use similar colors, tweaked a bit, so that made her happy. 

Re: Personal makeup sessions? You all know if you have questions, I'll do my best to give suggestions.

Trusted Contributor

@ShanusIf I was in NC I would book time with you in a heatbeat ❤💋  What product would use for the waterline that is always red.  Mine is not flesh color, always slightly red and I have tried a couple pencils without great results...

Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:
@Shanusthanks for the mini eye lining class! If I was in NC if book a makeup editing session and lesson in a heartbeat. And @Sooner your Trish session sounded wonderful, I always liked the Trish “look”, polished but still “you”.

@Fluke67 It has kept me from buying tons of stuff I don't need, (not that I have never done it--but far less) and from trying out looks that old pictures would make me cringe!  LOL!!