Honored Contributor

FAMILIAR WITH BROW LAMINATION?

Okay, this one is new to me ....

I was reading an article about expert tips for older women's eyebrows, and one suggestion was brow lamination.

(Source: Unique Beauty daily email newsletter).

I've never heard of this!   Has anyone tried ... or knows someone who tried ... this brow technique?

If so ... pros and cons?     TIA !  Woman Happy  

Try Brow Lamination 

If you want an option that requires less day-to-day effort, Estelle recommends brow lamination for older women. It’s a quick process that uses chemicals to set the brows in place.  “Brow lamination transforms your brows into brows that look fuller and provides an overall lifted aesthetic to the face,” she says.

The results last for six to eight weeks, so if you’re someone who likes to be low maintenance with your brows, then brow lamination is perfect for your daily beauty routine. You might still have to fill in some sparse areas, but the lamination will take care of a lot of it. Brow lamination is ideal for nearly all types of brows, from those with fine, thin hair, to brows that are coarser and thicker, Estelle says.

Honored Contributor

Re: FAMILIAR WITH BROW LAMINATION?

I haven't heard of this, but am not sure it's worth it?  It only lasts 4-6 weeks.  

I had my brows tatoooed and it lasts for about two years.  Then a small retouching may be needed.  I no longer have to use brow products. 

Honored Contributor

I just did my second brow lamination at home. Bought a kit and did them myself. Love the results.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just did my second brow lamination at home. Bought a kit and did them myself. Love the results.

I wanted to ask how long it's been since your lamination and how has it held up? Did you tint your brows before lamination?

My brows are sparse but they're also unruly. 😟

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wanted to ask how long it's been since your lamination and how has it held up? Did you tint your brows before lamination?

My brows are sparse but they're also unruly. 😟

@Snowpuppy 

It lasted about 7 weeks before i did the second one. My brows are naturally black and the lamination lightened them a tad but that's okay by me. I was already lightening my brows anyway before the lamination. 

If you have very sparse brows then lamination might not be for you. Also not good for sensitive skin. I had a little redness around my brows and I don't even have sensitive skin. Lamination is ammonia-based hair relaxant so take that into consideration.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Who makes the kits ... that you'd recommend?   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I bought this one from Amazon. Has 5 treatments, $20. Easy instructions.

CLIONE PRIME At Home Brow Lamination Kit 

Honored Contributor

Things that you'll need before using that kit:

- Scissors

- Saran wrap

- Cotton rounds

- Small, flat plastic lids or plates to use as pallets to squeeze out the creams onto

Tips to follow:

- Be gentle when combing through brows

- Do not use any water during the process (use dry swabs/cotton rounds to wipe)

- Keep brows free from water, such as bathing or splashing water on your face until the next day

- Avoid wearing brow cosmetics until next day

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  - I read the reviews and several said the instructions were not clear.  A few questions: 

1.  The instructions didn't address the primer.  What step do you use the primer. 

2.  One person said after each step you are supposed to remove the product, but it didn't say how to remove it.  Do you use water to remove?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SilleeMee  - I read the reviews and several said the instructions were not clear.  A few questions: 

1.  The instructions didn't address the primer.  What step do you use the primer. 

2.  One person said after each step you are supposed to remove the product, but it didn't say how to remove it.  Do you use water to remove?

@San Antonio Gal 

I didn't use the primer b/c the primer bottle has "LASH" on it. Don't know why it's in the brow kit.

To remove the cream after each step it says to use a dry swab. I just used a dry cotton round b/c that way I could wipe using a single round instead of using several swabs to remove the creams. Swabs are too small and it would take too long to do the job.