Regular Contributor

Re: FACIAL HAIR

[ Edited ]

Electrolysis is the only guaranteed way to remove hair, facial or other.  It may take a few tries, but it works.  Go to a certified, registered one.  Ask you doctor for a recommendation.  Don’t look for “Cheap!!”  Good luck!  

Respected Contributor

@patbzwrote:

Shaving with a razor (it also exfoliates).

I do it this way now but find I have to do it every morning and every night. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScrapHappywrote:

What's the best way to remove facial hair (besides waxing)? 

@ScrapHappy

Have you considered shaving your hair with a straight razor or electric razor?

Go to a barbershop and let the barber shave you with a straight razor, and continue DIY at home with a men’s electric razor between appointments at the barbershop.

Use Nair to defoliate the stubble.

Good luck. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo   Question.  I have light hair.... silver-white to be exact.  I was told that only dark hair can be removed by devices.  Is this true for this one? 

I would love to try it. The updated version is almost $30 with rechargeable batteries.  

Honored Contributor

@godiwrote:

I know I have seen this topic before but I’m just skeptical and a little afraid of getting a five o’clock shadow!  

@godi  No 5PM shadow. I use those small set of 3 flip open shavers for my chin and side burns...still darker grey even though hair is white...brows are still dark...hesitant to use anything there but a tweezer on a few hairs below.

Respected Contributor

I pluck coarse hairs from my chin and a couple that grow on my cheeks & jaw. For the finer hairs (all over my face), I use an electric razor every day. I epilate occasionally...and that has been a minor miracle for my upper lip area!

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@ScrapHappywrote:

I used an Emjoi epilator for a long time.  Last year I bought a MeChic Hair Reduction Device.  It wasn't cheap, but it works!

@JeanLouiseFinch  What made you choose that device over any other?  I'm sure you did your research but were there specific things that made you purchase?  Thanks JLF.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Finishing Touch Flawless face.  You can find this just about anywhere.

Trusted Contributor

Electrolosis 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@ScrapHappywrote:

I used an Emjoi epilator for a long time.  Last year I bought a MeChic Hair Reduction Device.  It wasn't cheap, but it works!

@JeanLouiseFinch  What made you choose that device over any other?  I'm sure you did your research but were there specific things that made you purchase?  Thanks JLF.

@nyc1- I honestly hadn't even planned on buying one.  Then, I saw the demo on TV and it was pretty convincing.  @SilleeMee also recommended it.  Then I saw it at Costco, on one of those limited engagement sales.  By that time I had my mind made up that I was going to give it a try.  I waited for it to go on sale, which it ended up doing last spring, May to be exact.  It does require committment but success will be achieved in 7-8 weeks if you stick with it.  I only used it in my armpits, chin, below the cheeks and on the jawline.  Oh, my DH also wanted to get rid of some back hair that bothered him.  It worked for him too, but he wasn't crazy about me using the epilator on him...LOL