Honored Contributor

I just bought this black shadow from Walmart for less than $3. It's very black and goes on perfectly using a damp flat-liner brush for tightlining inside my lash line. I'm wearing it now and it stays in place, no fall out. looks good! this one is blacker than the NYX I posted about earlier...very black.

Maybelline Expert Wear® .08 oz. Eye Shadow in Night Sky. View a larger version of this product image.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  So you use this as an eyeliner?   I'm trying to get away from the harsh look of pencil I usually use. Do you use this on bottom also?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@SilleeMee  So you use this as an eyeliner?   I'm trying to get away from the harsh look of pencil I usually use. Do you use this on bottom also?

@MoJoV 

Yes, I use that black shadow as a liner. 

Please see my post #5 and there you'll see some more about what I do with it. Be sure and watch the video I mentioned. It shows exactly how I do it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  What do you use on the upper waterline?  Also, you've mentioned using eyeshadow as eyeliner.  What type of eyeshadow, creme?  I'm not liking the way pencil looks on me lately.  I have very black eyelashes and brows...but greyish blonde hair.  Pale Irish skin.  Thanks for any advice😊

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Dimitri James (Skinn) said not that long ago that his smudge sticks (eyeliners, lip liners) are being used by make-up artists all over the world. OK, so I agreed-they are that good it's probably true. Just a little while later, they're gone-only to be found on ebay and some are used and I'm assuming the others are old. So now he's replaced them with something not even comparable. I don't like them AT All. Anybody know why he would do this? Did the previous model maybe have something toxic in it? I just can't figure it out, why he's changed it and it's not for the better.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Shanus  What do you use on the upper waterline?  Also, you've mentioned using eyeshadow as eyeliner.  What type of eyeshadow, creme?  I'm not liking the way pencil looks on me lately.  I have very black eyelashes and brows...but greyish blonde hair.  Pale Irish skin.  Thanks for any advice😊

@MoJoV  I like waterproof pencils (UD 24/7) or Laura Mercier cake liner to tightline. If I use a pencil on the upper lid and want to be sure it stays, I can use a powder shadow in a simular shade to "set" it. Fair skin here w/ still dark brows/lashes and silver hair. I like a dark charcoal or navy pencil, but still tightline w/ navy or black liner.

Frequent Contributor

Personally I like Laura Geller's Kajal liners. Heavy liners, especially black, no longer suit me. Her liners are chubby (retractable) and don't maintain a point of any kind, unless you sharpen (and that doesn't work too well). But, with practice, I've gotten pretty good at a fine upper lash line. I like that they are smudgeable for a few seconds and last throughout the day for me. I usually still use a darker shade on upper lid, but tone down the lower lid with just a little darker shade about 1/3 from outer corner toward mid eye. I spray a light must of IT Your Skin But Better Setting spray over eyes and face.That stuff is awesome too (and probably why my eye makeup stays looking fresh).