Trusted Contributor

Re: Eyeliner? What works for you?

To date, I have tried almost every brand there is as I have been lining my eyes for over 40 years. I still can't find one that is totally "bulletproof" ! At the Q, I have tried every brand ever sold there EXCEPT IT Cosmetics gel liner. I am almost too weary to attempt one more...none are good enough. I do beautiful eyes, from being compulsive about it and learning from the "best" over the years. But they still either, fade, smudge, smear, look too harsh or apply poorly. But I have all named here and many more in my vanity right now. Eye shadow is about better than anything else now that I have older eyes, but I want the best, yet !!!!! Still hoping it is out there somewhere...sigh. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DJP wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl ... I swear the stuff is still on the next day!  I have used/tried every brand out there but someone on these boards recommended Rimmel and I only use liner on my inner rims - top and bottom - so I am happy to still have liner on at the end of the day.  I do have the occasional smear, but easily removed with liner still in tact.  

I love this eyeliner too.  I use it on my upper lids and it stays on until you take it off.  And it's only around $8.00.  Super bargain and the best eyeliner I ever used.

I too have and love this in grey, love it but I also love my Mally in deep olive which I use only to line my lower lash line while I use either this Rimmel Scandaleyes or Ulta's(almost the same) chubby crayon type for top lining. In the Ulta one I like the green, grey or deep plum.

I  like Bobbi Browns gel pencil  in hunter. I do not like UD and only because it is glittery and I end up with sparkles all over my face. The black doens't have this but I don't wear black.

If I had to pick one though I would  pick Rimmel Scandaleyes(chubby crayon) but of course Ulta has one exactly the same, love grey in both.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel liner.  Even though I pay a little more for it, I feel it is still a good bargain because it lasts forever.  Even with a very humectant under eye cream it stays on.  I have eyes that water and usually when I have smudges, it is my mascara that is to blame.