Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried anything from the TATCHA line?

Saw a presentation the other day and now I'm tempted to try it. The line seems to get really good reviews.

I'm really interested in trying the Rice Enzyme Powder and the Deep Brightening Serum.

Any thoughts?  Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried anything from the TATCHA line?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I tried Tatcha and found that it was a wonderful experience. I purchased the package deal that had the basic four items in it. I believe it cost $52. This was after I saw it during the Annual Beauty Awards in October. I believe Tatcha won for best new beauty product, or something like that. The four pieces included the cleansing oil, the enxyme powder for exfoliating, serum, and a finishing cream. I liked every single one of the four. 

The only reason I didn't continue with Tatcha was because I also started using Perricone products that targeted areas of my aging skin. It was more specific to my needs. I feel strongly about staying with one skin care line if possible, to ensure that each of the products you use are compatible. So as I finished using each of the Tatcha items, I replaced them with Perricone until all I have now is Perricone skin care products.

However, from time to time I see the Tatcha presentations and remember how good they felt on my skin and how very simple the skin care routine was using them.

Hopes this helps. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I use her Cleansing Oil and the Rice Enzyme Powder. She has good sales a couple of times a year on her website. You can sign up for email notifications @ tatcha.com. The Q also offers some good values, such as the Cleansing Oil Duo this month.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Valued Contributor

I have been using Tatcha for almost a year now and love the oil plus two enzyme powders....soothing and gentle.  One has papaya and one does not.  I use the non papaya one in the morning with my Clairsonic and the other one at night. 

Tried other things from them...serums and moisterizers but cannot use them.

Very happy with what I can use and will continue to purchase for the extended future.

Their red silk lipstick is heavenly by the way..... I have two tubes!  One was a gift from Tatcha!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Yes, I tried Tatcha and found that it was a wonderful experience. I purchased the package deal that had the basic four items in it. I believe it cost $52. This was after I saw it during the Annual Beauty Awards in October. I believe Tatcha won for best new beauty product, or something like that. The four pieces included the cleansing oil, the enxyme powder for exfoliating, serum, and a finishing cream. I liked every single one of the four. 

The only reason I didn't continue with Tatcha was because I also started using Perricone products that targeted areas of my aging skin. It was more specific to my needs. I feel strongly about staying with one skin care line if possible, to ensure that each of the products you use are compatible. So as I finished using each of the Tatcha items, I replaced them with Perricone until all I have now is Perricone skin care products.

However, from time to time I see the Tatcha presentations and remember how good they felt on my skin and how very simple the skin care routine was using them.

Thanks for the review! I have my eye on the kit you mentioned and will probably end up ordering it.

Respected Contributor

@lyn in MI wrote:
@I use her Cleansing Oil and the Rice Enzyme Powder. She has good sales a couple of times a year on her website. You can sign up for email notifications @ tatcha.com. The Q also offers some good values, such as the Cleansing Oil Duo this month.

I did sign up for email on the Tatcha site two days ago - so far I received nothing through email. BUT, I did find a code to get a free travel size of the enzyme powder. I also see that they include three samples with every order!

I also checked Facebook and saw that they just had a 20% sale that ended 6-23. Darn! Hope I won't have to wait too long for the next sale.

I'm most interested to try the Rice Enzyme Powder. Many years ago, I used to use the Body Shop's washing grains (which was the BOMB!) and the Tatcha product reminds me of that.

Respected Contributor

@motherinlaw wrote:

I have been using Tatcha for almost a year now and love the oil plus two enzyme powders....soothing and gentle.  One has papaya and one does not.  I use the non papaya one in the morning with my Clairsonic and the other one at night. 

Tried other things from them...serums and moisterizers but cannot use them.

Very happy with what I can use and will continue to purchase for the extended future.

Their red silk lipstick is heavenly by the way..... I have two tubes!  One was a gift from Tatcha!  Smiley Happy

I can imagine how great the Enzyme Powder is with the Clarisonic!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

Thanks for the review! I have my eye on the kit you mentioned and will probably end up ordering it.

Oh, I'm so glad you are going to do that! That's a great way to try the basics. If the time comes when I cannot afford to continue with Perricone products, I'll be back to Tatcha in a heartbeat! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The Rice Enzyme Powder was too harsh for my skin. I was going to try the Sensitive version, but I found a very similar product that works better for me and is cheaper. The one I use now is NUDE Skincare's Detox Brightening Fizzy Powder Wash, from Sephora. I think Josie Maran's powder enzyme is also very similar. I have really sensitive skin that's easily bothered by exfoliation products and expected the Tatcha might be a problem, but I really liked using it until it started irritating my skin after about a week and a half. For someone without skin sensitivities, I think it would be great.

The Camelia Oil was too drying for me and I've found more affordable cleansing oils that work better for me.

I've read good things about the Brightening Serum and it's on my list of things to try.

Honored Contributor

I do not care for the Rice Powder product, but I love the Cleansing Oil and the brightening serum!!!!!