Trusted Contributor

Re: Eyelash curler

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs @haddon9 

My straight lashes are really resistant to holding a curl too. 

So I've been experimenting and found that when I crimp down and hold it longer it helps.

I hold it there for a count of 20-30 and that helps it curl and stay a lot longer.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Respected Contributor

I like Tweezerman the best but I wish I could find the replacement silicone strips.  Never tried Shushema (spelling??) but I see that brand gets a lot of good reviews.  I used to heat mine with my blowdryer and that works pretty well  Just do not get it too hot!!

Respected Contributor

I have a shiseido eyelash curler that works pretty well, they do curl better if I hold it down longer.

Valued Contributor

@GingerHead  This is the one I have been using for years and it's been the best for me because it's also designed for those with deeper set eyes. I've tried the Shu one before and it was ok, but not as good as this one.

Trusted Contributor

@KittySoftPaws 

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

@GingerHead  This is the one I have been using for years and it's been the best for me because it's also designed for those with deeper set eyes. I've tried the Shu one before and it was ok, but not as good as this one.

Yes, I agree it really works for my deeper set eyes better than any other I've tried...Smiley Happy

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Trusted Contributor

Re: Eyelash curler

[ Edited ]

Hi @Marebear54 

I use the Revlon version.  I had the Shu Emura and it is the favorite, but!  like the one someone pictured, it has that little lip at the top.  That made my lashes bend at the tips.  The Revlon doesn't have that. 

Respected Contributor

I just use a plain old Maybelline one that I've had forever. I just replace the pads and that's it. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerHead  - do you think this eyelash curler would work well for hooded eyes.  My eyes are deep-ish set but also hooded as I get older.

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL  I think so....it has a medium curvature that I find works really well and I think it would work for most people really.

I really like it, I have deep-ish set eyes, not hooded... it gets close to the base and never pinches.

The other more popular ones that both start with S's (I think) can't think of their names, didn't work for me.