Honored Contributor

@Shanus    Quick question about the 24/7 Urban Decay liner pencil.  Is there a special sharpener I need to use?  I received my order and the tip of the liner broke off the minute I put it to my hand to test the color.   I had not even had the chance to sharpen.

This is one reason I don't love pencils but it is a pretty color (dark blue) and so far has not smuged at all.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Shanus    Quick question about the 24/7 Urban Decay liner pencil.  Is there a special sharpener I need to use?  I received my order and the tip of the liner broke off the minute I put it to my hand to test the color.   I had not even had the chance to sharpen.

This is one reason I don't love pencils but it is a pretty color (dark blue) and so far has not smuged at all.  Thanks

@Mom2Dogs   I have a sharpener with 2 size holes so I can sharpen all pencils...Mabeline I think. If it broke all the way, I'd maybe return it for a new one. I personally don't like a very sharp point since I use them to tightline. I also rub the end lightly on my hand before beginning so it softens/warms it up so I don't get poked.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus. . The tip that was presharpened is what broke off.  I wish it was more of a pencil like my brow pencil, you just twist the end to bring up more product.  My experience with pencils that you have to sharpen is not good, but I am anxious to try this new pencil...thanks.

Honored Contributor

If you place the pencil in the freezer for about five minutes before sharpening that will make it easier to sharpen and you won't lose as much product. Freezing also helps prevent the wax core from breaking or crumbling in the sharpener.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   I will try that...